seven

~Isaiah POV

I woke up feeling my head pounding. I looked around and the room was dark. "AYE!" I yelled. The light cut on and I could see a figure standing in the corner. "Look, I don't know what type of Stephen King shit you on bro but I got better shit to be doing right now." I scoffed. "You think everything is a joke?" They came around the corner. It was Mitch, the guy I fought. "I mean, only you." I shrugged. "What do you want with me Mitch?"

"I told you, you were going to regret that fight."

"You still on that? You got your ass kicked, move on." I said. "Fuck you. Get up." He said stepping inside the ring. "You want to fight? You could have just asked." I sighed getting up. "No rules right?"

"Thats always been the same." I stepped in the ring. "You know you caught me at a bad time. Don't have my mouth guard, my gloves."

"Streetfight. Aint no fucking gloves." Before I could speak he sent a blow to the side of the face. "That's how you want to play it. Let's go then."

**

~Jessica POV

I had taken Mariah home but I still couldn't help to think where Isaiah was. It had been a couple hours and he didn't call nor text me back so I went back to his house.

I had pulled up seeing his car in the driveway still in the same spot. Maybe he's home now. I rung the doorbell and he opened the door. His lip was busted. "Oh my gosh what happened to you?" I asked.

"What are you doing here?"

"You didn't come to school today and you weren't answering your phone. I thought I'd come check on you." I said. "Well I'm fine thanks for your concern." He said. "You want to come in or something?"

"I mean, if thats fine with you. You don't have to." I said. He opened the door wider letting me in. I walked past him going inside. "So, what happened to your lip?"

"I got jumped. Some dude from the fight club got mad about a loss, wanted another one on one fight. He was getting his ass beat again and niggas just started coming from every corner." He said. "Thank God for it just being a busted lip."

He lifted up his shirt showing bruises and bloody bandage.

"What the hell did they do to you?"

"Stabbed me. It's not that big a deal." He said. "Not that big a deal? You don't think you should go to the hospital?" I asked. "I'm fine." The conversation was interrupted by the front door slamming. "Who's that?"

"So you just in here chilling huh?" An older lady walked in. She was pissed. "What are you doing here?" Isaiah asked her. "The school calls every time you miss a day. So why did I receive a phone call Zay? You skipping school now?" She asked. "It's not even like that."

"Who is this?" She asked looking at me. "A friend from school."

"Hello I'm Jessica." I said holding my hand out. "Is Ms. Jessica the reason you missing school?"

"Jessica, this is my Aunt."

"Oh my gosh, you're the Aunt. I've heard so much about you. I just want to say I think it is amazing how you take care of Isaiah after everything. I can't imagine both of my parents passing away." I said making her head turn to me.

"Excuse me?" She said. "Isaiah. He told me how you took care of him after losing his parents." I looked over at Isaiah who looked annoyed. "Both parents huh? Get yo ass in the kitchen, now." She said to him before walking off.

"Stay here."

~Isaiah POV

"First off, what the fuck happened to your face? I know you still not at that fight club battling." She said. "You the one that let me go back."

"I let you go back to blow off steam. To punch a bag or whatever the hell you do there. I strictly told you no more fighting with people so who did this to you?" She asked. "I don't want to talk about this right now Auntie." I sighed. "Okay, you don't want to talk about that? Then lets talk about why the hell that girl thinks both of your parents are dead?"

"Because both of my parents are dead." I said. "No Zay, your father is dead. Your mother is alive and well." She said. "Alive, yeah. Well? Not so sure. She's a little sick and fucking twisted in the head if you ask me." I scoffed. "You need to let that hurt go Isaiah. All of that is over."

"Over? Last time I checked scars are permanent. I still got the burns on my back from when she tried to put her cigarettes out on me. I still got the scars and scratches from when she beat me because she was either high off her ass or drunk. So no auntie, I ain't letting that hurt go." I said.

"Zay, she hurt you, I know that. But this is my sister we're talking about. I've visited her multiple times, she served her time, and now she's in rehab getting better." She said. "She barely served her time. She got out on good behavior." I scoffed. "She's fine Zay. And she wants to see you now."

"I'll run off the road before I go visit that bitch."

"Watch your mouth boy." She said. "I don't get why you're defending her? She's psychotic." I said. "She's better now."

"If I put a bottle and some pills in front of her she wouldn't be so better would she?" I said laughing a little bit. "You need to stop disrespecting your mother. And stop telling people that she's dead." She said. "Yeah well she's dead to me. I'm going to bed, you can let yourself out." I got up walking off to my room.

~Jessica POV

Isaiah went upstairs and his auntie passed me going outside. Now I'm just sitting here like a dumbass. I don't know if I should just leave or go upstairs to check on Isaiah. I got up going upstairs to make sure he was okay before I left.

"Hey." I said making him turn around. "I figured you was gone." He said. "I'm heading out, I just wanted to check on you first." I said. "I'm fine."

"Well first, I hope you're okay after that whole jumping thing. And I kind of over heard everything with your mom. I'm sorry about what she did to you." I said. "You didn't hear anything. As far as you know my mother is dead." He said. "You don't have to fake wi-" He cut me off. "Jessica, my mother is dead. And whatever you think you heard, you didn't. Understood?"

"Yep. Your mother is dead."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋

Drama finna pop off yall🧏🏾‍♀️