twenty - seven

~Jessica POV

"So, how you been?" Joshua asked as we got seated at a table. "I've been doing fine. Just ready to graduate. Two more months and the first semester will be over." I said. "Glad I got that over with." He said laughing a little. "You graduated early. Left me in the dust by myself." I said. "Come on you was gang gang with your bestie. Y'all got each other."

"Not anymore." I mumbled.

"Uh oh, trouble in paradise with Mariah?" He asked. "We aren't best friends anymore." I said. "Wouldn't be the first time you two stopped talking. You'll probably kiss and makeup like you always did." He said. "Won't be any of that. She hit below the belt." I said. "You gone tell me?" He asked. "If I tell you, you're going to say something about it." I said. "I won't. I promise, I'll keep my mouth closed."

"She slept with Isaiah, the guy you fought today."

I looked up at him while he was fighting a smile.

"There's nothing funny about this." I said. "You're right. There is absolutely nothing funny about this." He said. "Go head, say what you want to say." I said. "So you guys don't date anymore?" He asked. "Technically we never did. Things happened and we were getting closer until he slept with Mariah. That was the last straw." I sighed. "I said something about you, in the ring. Right before he tackled me in the final round. I knew it would get him riled up." He said.

"You did all of that just to lose your money." I said sipping my drink. "I don't need that money. I'm rich, that was chump change." He said laughing a little.  "Did he tell you why he was fighting for the money?"

"Why would he tell me? Fighters don't discuss that."

"There's some reason he's doing what he's doing he just won't tell me." I said. "That's weird. You're mad at him, if anything he should tell you to make you less mad at him." He said. "Yeah well you don't know Isaiah. He's stubborn and doesn't listen."

"Oh so you two have a lot in common."

"Shut up." I said laughing a little.

**

"I'm glad we ran into each other." Joshua said as he pulled up to my house. "Yeah. It was cool to catch up with you." I said. A silence took over the car as we both looked at each other. "I should go." I said without breaking the eye contact. "If you want to go, then go." He said keeping his eyes locked on mine. He leaned in kissing me and I didn't break it. Instead, I deepened it.

"Wait, wait." I said breaking the kiss. "I don't think we should be doing this." I said. "I thought we were having a good time." Joshua sighed. "We were. We are. I just don't want to kiss you and then something else happens, and then feelings get caught, and then things happen and you leave a-" He cut me off. "I get it Jess it's okay." Josh said laughing a little. "I don't want you to get attached to me anyway." He shrugged making me raise a brow. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"I ain't gone be in town for that long. I just thought that while I was here I could have something going on."

"So I was just going to be your weekend fling or something?" I asked. "Pretty much." He said making me laugh a little. "Wow. Just wow." I said grabbing my bag. "You're mad?" He asked.

"Have a nice fucking night Joshua."

**Next Day**

~Isaiah POV

"It's eight in the morning Dre. Why the fuck are you here?" I asked opening the door for him. "Cause I'm amped up bro. You not amped up after last night!" He yelled. "No, I'm tired and I need a blunt." I said sitting on the couch. "Well, there's another fight tonight and I heard they're betting big. You got to get in on that." He said. "How big we talking?"

"Thousands nigga."

"You're my so called manager now. Sign me up for it. I want in on any fight that's giving big bucks." I said. "Bet. I'll get that in order. I'll text you the details." He said walking out. I looked up seeing Keaunte walking in. "My nigga why everybody want to come see me so early." I scoffed. "Had to before work. Plus, nigga that fight last night was crazy. I really thought you was bout to get dropped." He said. "Nah, I wasn't going to let that happen." I said laughing a little.

"On a serious note though, why are you doing this all of a sudden?"

"My auntie in the hospital. She got some shit going on with her heart and I need the money for her surgery. Keaunte, bro the first surgery is fucking forty grand." I said. "Damn. I'm sorry to hear bout that bro. Why you ain't been tell me this?" He asked. "I just found out myself. And Dre ain't got no money coming in cause the nigga don't know how to punch the clock." I scoffed. "You think you gone be able to raise forty grand?" He asked.

"I hope so."

"Well you know if you ever need anything from me just say the word."

"Actually, I do. What the fuck Jessica got going on?" I asked making him raise a brow. "I mean, she seeing other people? She talking to that dude who I fought last night?"

"Why the fuck would I know." He said. "I thought you two were getting close." I said. "Not that close. If you want to know about that then just talk to her. Stop being so stubborn." He said getting up. "Thanks for the help." I said sarcastically.

~Jessica POV

"Did he tell you why he was fighting?" I asked Keaunte as he got back in the car. "Go in there and ask him." He said. "Wha- Keaunte that was the point of you going in there. To find out for me." I scoffed. "Yeah well I ain't Fox 5. Just go in there and ask him. If he wants to tell you then he will." He said. "He doesn't even want to talk to me." I said. "Trust me, he does. Just go in there. I'll wait out here." He said.

"Fine."

I got out the car and went to knock on his door.

"Now you're here." He said once he opened the door. "Three people at my house in the last ten minutes for absolutely nothing." He said. "Can you not complain and just let me in." I said. He opened the door wider letting me in. "Just tell me Isaiah." I said. "Tell you what?"

You're putting your entire life in danger for what? Money? Street Credits?" I asked. "I'm saving my auntie's life." He said. "Saving her life? What are you talking about?" I asked confused. "She's sick. She need's heart surgery and that shit is forty grand. I need to make this money as soon as possible or I'm going to lose the last person in my life who was there for me all my life." He said. "Isaiah I am so sorry." I said getting closer to him grabbing his hand.

"What if I don't make the money in time Jessica? What if I lose my fucking auntie." He said. I looked up at his face seeing tears in his eyes. "You can't think like that." I said wiping his tear away. "From what I've seen when being around your aunt she is a strong woman. She'll get through this and everything will be okay." I said. "I hope that's the case." I started thinking. Maybe there was something I could do to help him get the money. A safer way.

And I had an idea.

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋