thirty - eight

~Jessica POV

"It's yours!?" Isaiah and I said in sync. "Not my proudest moment." Brent sighed. "When did you two even-" I stopped hoping he knew what I was gonna ask.

"While we were out of school. We went to a party and left together. Look I don't want to rethink that anymore. It happened and it's over." He said. "When I told you how I was feeling at the party. Why I was feeling the way I was feeling. Instead of telling me you knew who the father was and that it wasn't Isaiah, you watched me stress and gave me drugs." I scoffed.

"It wasn't anything intentional."

"Man fuck that intentional shit. You knew what you was doing." Isaiah scoffed. "I just came to clear the air. That's all." He said before walking off. "I'm sorry." Isaiah said. "You're not the father. What are you sorry for?"

"For fucking with Mariah in the first place." He said. "It's fine. She's gone, it's over. It's just you and I now." I said with a small smile. "You need a reliever. Come on." He said standing up. "Where are we going?"

"Anywhere but here."

**

"That food was amazing." I said to Isaiah as we got back in his car. We went to this restaurant downtown and it was really nice. "I heard it was a good place. Figured we should try it out." He said. "There's one more place I want to take you." He said pulling off. "Where?"

"Just ride."

**

"You wanted to take me to a pier?" I asked as we got out the car. "I come out here a lot now. Ever since I stopped fighting. Sitting here, just looking at the water. It calms me. Prevents me from taking my anger out on people." He said. "I'm glad you're finding better ways to help yourself. Should have done this myself." I scoffed.

"You went through a minor issue, it happens. Get through it and get over it." He said. We sat down at the pier looking at the view of the water. You could hear the music from the shops and restaurants from afar. "Did you ever imagine any of this?" I asked Isaiah as he looked over at me. "Imagine what?"

"This. Everything that has happened."

"Not at all. I didn't imagine any of the shit thats ever happened." He said. "What happened to you Isaiah? I mean I know what your mom did, but besides that, I feel like I know nothing about you."

"What you want to know?"

"Whatever you feel comfortable telling me." I said.

"Ight. I was born in Kirkwood. I grew up thinking my aunt was my mother until I was eight years old. That's when I actually met my parents." He said. "Apparently they were in some drug business and he didn't want anyone knowing I was associated with him because it would put my life in danger. I moved to the city with them but I hated it. So I stayed with my aunt on the weekdays for school and saw my parents on the weekend. But then Christmas Break hit when I was thirteen. I'll never forget it."

"What happened?"

"My dad was shot. Changed my life forever. He was in the hospital for a long time so I was left with my mom. I don't know why, but she blamed me for it. She couldn't even stand to look at me. She started drinking, using, and everything just went downhill. When my dad got released from the hospital, I knew for a fact that things would change with my mom but it didn't. Then thats when everything got worse. You know the story after that."

"No kid should ever have to go through that." I said. "That's where I get that, "shit happens get over it" attitude from. My dad was never home to help me so I just had to deal with it." He shrugged. "At least you didn't turn into a drug addict." I said making him look at me.

"Now that I say that out loud, I realize how bad that sounds. I was referring to me." I said making him shake his head with a laugh. "What about you? What's your fucked up story?" He asked. "Well it's not as fucked up as yours but growing up with a perfectionist as a father isn't the best thing." I said.

"What's wrong with that?"

"You can't fuck up. At all. If I get even the lowest ninety on a test, I have to "do better." Never a good job. That's why I try so hard in school. Because if I don't, it won't be pretty. You think I want to be Valedictorian by choice?" I asked.

"Shit, yeah."

"Nope. That's my dads dream because he didn't get to live it himself. Now he throws all his failed dreams and accomplishments on me to make himself feel better." I said. "That shit got to suck." He said. "It does. Plus, I could never go hang out with my friends or live my life because it was always "go study" or "focus on school." I get you want me to be great but it gets overbearing. Once I got my license and a car, I started doing my own thing. And like you said, when you have no one to talk to you just thug it out on your own." I shrugged.

"Two mutha fuckas thuggin they problems out. We were meant to be." Isaiah joked. "This really is a relief. Just sitting here and talking about your problems. The sound of the water just makes it even more relaxing." I said.

"I'll be right back." Isaiah said getting up.

~Isaiah POV

"I see you're back." Eugene said as I approached him and his stand. "Yeah. I told you I'd be back." I said pulling out my wallet. "The usual?" He asked. "Yeah make that two." I said. "Do we have company tonight?" He asked scooping the ice cream. "Yeah, my girlfriend."

"Oh he's in love! This one is on the house." He said. "Preciate it." I said. I took the ice cream and walked back to the pier. "Here." I said sitting back down. "Thank you." She said. We just sat there. Enjoying the view and each other.

Like she said, I never imagined no shit like this.

**

"It's getting late." I said to Jessica. "I could literally stay out here all night." She said as we got up. "I'll be sure to bring you out here more often." I said as we walked back to my car. As we were approaching my car, I saw three dudes leaned up against it.

~Third Person POV

"Can I help yall?" Isaiah asked. "Yeah you can, you Isaiah?" One of them asked. "Who the fuck asking?"

"Isaiah what's going on?" Jessica asked from behind him. "Nothing. Can yall get off my car, I got places to be." Isaiah said. "Joshua laying in a hospital bed right now because of you." The guy said. "I didn't lay a finger on that nigga."

"But you know what you did."

"I ain't do shit."

"You finna be laying with him." He said sending a blow to Isaiah's face. His other two friends jumped in and you could hear Jessica yelling in the background. "Get off of him!" She looked around yelling for help but all she saw was people watching with their phones out. She jumped in attempting to pull them off of Isaiah. From the bystanders, you could see their moods changed when they seen the sight of a gun from one of Joshua's friends.

Gunshot.

Gunshot.

Gunshot.

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋

Oh lord...