forty - six

~Isaiah POV

I closed the door and opened it again to see if I was tripping. "Aint no fucking way." I said looking at my mom in disbelief.

"Isaiah let me explain."

"Explain! Explain what?!" I yelled. "Keep your voice down you will wake him. He says he didn't want you to see him just yet." She said pulling me away from the door. "Man get yo fucking hands off me. I don't give a fuck what that nigga want from me. Both of yall can kiss my ass and go to hell." I said going downstairs.

"Isaiah wait."

"Fuck you!"

**

"It's almost two in the morning gang? Why are you calling me to meet you in this park?" Keaunte sighed. "Because I couldn't call anyone else." I said. "What you're saying is you couldn't call Jessica so you called me. I understand." He said making me side eye him. "So what do you need that literally couldn't wait until tomorrow?" He asked.

"I'm about to tell you something and all I need you to do is listen." I said. "Okay."

"I'm serious bro. Just listen, don't talk." I said. "Okay my nigga. Say what you got to say." He scoffed.

"These past few weeks I been staying with my mom, I know it's weird and stupid but that's the only place I could go and not be found. I thought it was the only place I could go to avoid all the bullshit this city brings but I stand corrected. I came home tonight and my mom didn't think I was going to be back for a while now so she invited someone over her house so they could lay their head. It was my dad. She invited my fucking dad. My dad is alive." I said.

"You want me to say something now or you want me to wait?" He asked. "Go for it." I sighed. "Your pops alive for real my nigga?"

"Seen him with my own two fucking eyes bro. He was right there." I said. "Well what the fuck bro. Did he give you an explanation?" He asked. "The nigga doesn't even know I saw him. He was sleeping. I left the house before he could know."

"What about your mom?"

"I said fuck you and left. I don't want an explanation cause ain't no explanation good enough for that shit. I put my duffle in my car, think it's time I go back home." I said. "You sure that's the best idea. I mean you just found out that your father is alive after thinking he was dead for ten years." Keaunte said. "Exactly. After ten years, the nigga is a stranger to me. There's nothing that I can say to him or that he can say to me that can make this situation better."

**Next Day**

~Jessica POV

"Doing a little cleaning this morning?" My mom asked walking into my room. "It's really needed. Time to throw some things away, rearrange some stuff." I said. "You're throwing all this stuff away?" She asked looking at the gifts Isaiah gave me. "I would have kept them if I felt a chance of him and I getting back together, but I don't. I think him and I are better off apart."

"Are you two at least friends still? Have you talked about the break up?" She asked. "Nope we haven't talked. I don't want to talk. I met this guy the other day and he's actually really nice. I'm not going to rush into things with him, we're just talking. But Isaiah and I, that's a done deal. For good." I said. "What about school? You start back tomorrow after the shooting, you don't think it'll be bad to see him tomorrow?"

"We have two classes together unfortunately, I can avoid him. The semester is almost over, after that I can be free from him." I said. "Well in that case, tell me about this new guy you're seeing." She smiled. "His name is Daniel, he's eighteen, very attractive. We went out for breakfast yesterday morning actually."

"Ohhh you little liar. You said you were going with Deja." She said shaking her head making me laugh a little. "We're supposed to be going out again today. But he is a really nice guy. I'm not going to jinx it though. I need to figure him all the way out." I said. "Well as long as you're making yourself happy, go for it." I said. I looked out the window as I heard the door to a car close. "Dad's here." I said.

"He's here to get your sister. She wanted to spend some time with him this week." She said. Since that whole scandal between my parents, my mom threw all his stuff out. He's been staying at a hotel while he looks for his own place. I waved at him through the window as I went on about cleaning my room.

~Isaiah POV

"Been a minute." I said as I walked back into my house. I opened up the curtains letting some light inside. "Damn I need to clean." I said. When I left, I just upped and left. Didn't really do much cleaning beforehand. I went up to my room sitting the duffle on my bed. I threw all my dirty clothes in the hamper so I could wash them later. I opened up the drawers to my dresser putting all my clothes in there. Once I got to the bottom drawer, my emotions changed.

This is Jessica's drawer.

Was Jessica's drawer.

Some of her clothes were still in here. Who cares, I need to completely move on. I grabbed her few items out and threw them away. "She wont miss it." I said to myself. I heard a knock on my door causing me to go downstairs. I opened the door and my parents were standing in the door. "It's good to see you again son." My dad smiled with his arms opened for a hug.

"Sorry, do I know you?" I asked raising a brow. "Isaiah don't be disrespectful." My mom said. "I don't even know why you're here." I scoffed looking her up and down. "Don't be like that son. Life is too short to be bitter." He said making me laugh a little. "You would know wouldn't you?" I asked. "I was taught to not talk to strangers so I'd appreciate it if you left." I said about to close the door but he stopped it with his foot. "I'm your father."

"My father died ten years ago. I don't know who you are."

"I understand that you're upset with h-" My dad cut my mom off. "Wait in the car. Let me talk to him." He said. "Whatever you say." She said walking away. "You've been keeping up with the place. I like that." He said walking inside past me. "You've been keeping up with yourself. Grown up to be good looking man." He said.

"Are you done?"

"I know you're mad. You have every right to be." He said. "But disrespectful, let's not go there." He said sitting down. "I don't have to respect somebody I don't know." I said. "Boy you need to watch yourself." He said stepping to me. "I'm not a boy. I'm grown. And you in my fucking house right now."

"I am your father. I paid for this house."

"I don't think you realize, you been "dead" for ten years. When you died, my life went from great to straight hell. Your baby mama became a drunk abusive ass bitch. She beat me, she burned me, she treated me like shit. And that was all because you "died". If you wouldn't have disappeared, my
life would have been easier. But now it's not. You think you can disappear for God knows what and just pop up and think everything will be okay. It's not. I visited your grave when things got hard. I don't know you. You haven't seen me since I was eight years old. I have grown into a completely different person that you don't know. You're a stranger to me and I'm a stranger to you. Let's keep it that way."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋