thirty - three

~Jessica POV

"I brought you some water." Keaunte said handing me a cup. "I'm not thirsty." I said. "I didn't ask. Take it and drink it." He said. "Happy now?" I asked after drinking it. "Yes. Now just take a seat and calm down." He said. "I can't just calm down. He started coughing up blood Keaunte. He was shaking and shit, something was seriously wrong." I said.

"I understand that but we don't know how bad it was so just calm down." He said. "Looks like we're about to find out how bad it is." Dre said. I turned around seeing the doctor approaching us. "Is he alive?" I asked.

"Yes, he's alive and stable. Mr. Washington was brought in because of internal hemorrhaging." He said. "The fuck that mean?" Dre asked. "Internal bleeding." I said. "Can I talk to the parents of Mr. Washington?" He asked. "No. He don't really have parents." Keaunte said. "Well is there a legal guardian here to talk to. I have a few questions to ask about Isaiah."

"There is no legal guardian. You can talk to one us." Dre said. "Don't be too quick now. I'm his mother." I turned around seeing Isaiah's mother approaching us. "What the hell, how did you even get here?" I asked. "The hospital called. I am Isaiah's mother and I am happy to answer any questions about my son."

"Okay. Can you tell us what your son has been doing in the past few weeks or even months to cause this internal bleeding?" The doctor asked her. "You know I haven't really noticed anything." She said making me laugh a little.

"Nothing at all?"

"I mean he stays locked up in his room every hour of the day and rarely leaves the house."

"Oh my gosh she doesn't know shit about her own son. A month ago he was shot in a school shooting and the bullets hit his abdomen. The doctor told him to take it easy and avoid getting into physical altercations with people but you know Isaiah is stubborn and doesn't listen. He found out his Aunt was sick and she needed money for surgery. He started fighting for money and over the past few weeks he's been taking pretty hard hits to his body. THATS what caused the bleeding. Not him sitting in his fucking room in a house that you don't even live in." I said.

"Were you aware of how long this internal bleeding was going on?" The doctor asked now looking at me. "No."

"He's been bleeding internally for almost two weeks. Has he been showing you any signs of abdominal pain?" He asked. "Uh, actually, after one of his fights I could tell his stomach was hurting but be wouldn't let me help him. That was probably two weeks ago." Dre said stepping in. "That's probably when it started. The bleeding was slow at first but it grew rapidly overtime. If you would have brought him in even a day later, there's no telling if he would have been alive or not."

"Can he have visitors?" I asked. "Yeah jus take it easy will you." He said before walking off. "Let me tell you something." Isaiah's mom said grabbing my arm. "Don't you ever, in your life, embarrass me like that." She said. "I can tell you've been getting high again. And you thought you were going to have another relationship with Isaiah." I said snatching my arm. "You don't even know your own son. He doesn't want anything to do with you. So get your ass out this hospital and find you somebody else to play with." I said.

She rolled her eyes walking off.

"There was always a reason why I liked you." Keaunte said stepping beside me. "Shut up." I walked off going to see Isaiah.

"Hey." I said walking into his room. "Wassup." He said sitting up. "Isaiah I need you to be completely honest with me. Where did you go today?" I asked. "Why does it matter?" He asked. "There was blood on your collar and you said it was from a nose bleed. Did you go fight today?" I asked.

"No."

"Isaiah."

"I'm being serious. I did go to the ring but it was just to punch the bag. The blood wasn't from a nose bleed. I started coughing blood earlier today and it must have gotten on my shirt. But it wasn't serious." He said. "Not serious! Isaiah coughing up blood isn't normal. You should have said something. The doctor said if we would've waited a day you would be dead."

"Well I'm not dead." He shrugged.

"When are you going to stop having that mindset Isaiah. You can't just brush off death like it's a fucking paper cut. I'm scared for you. I don't want you to die." I said.

"You care about me." He smirked. "Oh my gosh stop it. I'm being serious. I need you to make a promise to me. I need you to promise to take care of yourself. No more fighting, at all. No more being nonchalant about your health. You have people that care about you and we don't need you to die." I said. "I'm not really good with keeping promises." He said. "Well I need you to keep this one. Please, for me."

"Alright." He sighed. "I'm serious Isaiah. I don't need to see you at another fighting ring. If you need to punch a bag then buy one for your house. Don't go out here fighting people because you're mad. Control yourself or you'll end up on another hospital bed." I said.

**Two Days Later**

~Isaiah POV

"Take these medications twice a day. If the pain or discomfort becomes unbearable then you come back to this hospital immediately. Don't waste anytime. Understand?" The doctor said to me. "Yeah, I got you." I said. "You be safe out there Mr. Washington." He said letting me go. I walked out seeing Keaunte smoking.

"Nigga, is you smoking weed outside of a hospital?" I asked. "I told the nurses it was medical." He shrugged putting out the blunt. "You hell bro." I said laughing a little. "You feeling alright?" He asked me. "Yeah I'm good. Preciate you for picking me up." I said.

"You know I got you. Let's ride." We got in the car pulling off. "You heard they opening the school back up." He said. "Finally. Two more months and then one more semester left." I said. "Hell yeah, then we gone be out this bitch. Graduates my nigga." Keaunte said smiling. "Never thought I'd see the day."

"Shit me neither. Especially in that fuck ass alternative school." He scoffed. "I need to tell you something." He said making me raise a brow. "What is it?"

"Before I tell you, promise me you won't react on no out of pocket shit." He said. "I made one promise, I don't know about two." I said. "The day that your aunt passed, when I went to get Jessica from her date with Joshua." He said making me look over at him.

"When I picked her up she was crying. Her shirt was ripped and her pants were unbuttoned." He said. "What the fuck. Why you just now telling me this?" I asked. "Because she told me not to tell you. But yesterday I touched her arm and she jumped on some creeped out shit. It just doesn't sit right with me." He said. "So he fucking raped her?"

"She said he tried but she ran. But it's hard to just let it go whether it was attempted or not." He said. "It's all good. I'll handle it." I said. "No fighting nigga."

"I didn't say anything about fighting. I just said I'll handle it. And I am."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY📚

~ashkash2 💋