twenty - eight

~Jessica POV

"I have a plan to help Isaiah." I said sitting on his couch. "You bout to hop in a ring too? I'd like to see you buss a couple heads, that would he entertaining." He said. "No."

"Dammit."

"Think about it, what's something that everybody loves?" I asked. "Me obviously." He said. "I don't even know why I asked you that question." I sighed. "Food Keaunte. Food is the answer I was looking for." I said. "How are you going to help Isaiah with food?" He asked. "We sell it. We can host functions at the park everyday and I guarantee you that will help. We can have stands with games and t-shirts for people to buy." I said.

"I respect you for this, I really do. But Isaiah ain't gone go for it." He said making me raise a brow. "Why wouldn't he? I'll be helping him." I said. "Come on you know how Isaiah is. He's stubborn, likes to do shit on his own. He's going to want to raise this money on his own." He said.

"Fine, then we keep it from him."

"You think it'll work?" He asked. "Only one way to find out, I'll get everything situated and you bring the crowd." I said. "Ight bet."

**

Once I left Keaunte's place, I pulled into mine seeing an extra car in the driveway. I got out the car and approached it but no one was in there. I went in the house hearing laughing coming from the living room. I walked in seeing both of my parents and Joshua. "Jessica you didn't tell us Joshua was back in town." My dad said. "That's because it wasn't important. Joshua what are you doing in my house?" I asked. "I came to see you and your moms let me in." He said. "Well you saw me, now leave."

"Jessica that is no way to walk to someone."

"Mom not to be rude but I really don't care, Joshua please leave." I said before walking up to my room. I could hear footsteps following me upstairs. "Oh my gosh you followed me to my room." I said seeing Joshua behind me. "I just want to talk to you." He said.

"There's nothing to be said. Trust me, you said enough last night." I scoffed. "I don't want you think I was trying to use you or anything." He said making me laugh a little. "Really? I think your exact words were I was pretty much a weekend fling." I said. "Okay, that may be true. But I'm sorry about that okay. Can we just forget it happened?" He asked making me think. "You have to do something for me first."

"Do what?"

"I'm hosting a huge event tomorrow night. I need you to tell everyone about it." I said. "What is it? A party?"

"It's a fundraiser, kinda. I'm helping a friend raise money for one of their family members. So can you just tell people please." I said. "Alright fine."

"Good, I'll send the details."

**

~Isaiah POV

"How you feeling today?" I asked sitting next to my aunties bed. "Tired." She said. "The doctor said you would feel tired with that medicine." I said. "Auntie look I need you to be strong for me." I said grabbing her hand. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes. "I'm being as strong as I can baby."

"Well I need you to be stronger. I can't lose you too. Not like this." I said. "You can't keep wasting your precious life on my mine." She said wiping away the tear from my face. "I'm not wasting anything. I'm just checking on you. And I actually came to give you some good news." I said with a small smile.

"What is it?"

"I've been getting money for your first surgery. By tonight I should have more than half of it. Then in no time your heart would be good as new. Now I know you need two surgeries but I should be able to cover the second one with a few more weeks o-" She cut me off. "Isaiah stop it." She said making me raise a brow. "I am dying baby."