eighteen

~Isaiah POV

"Dre having a bonfire tonight with the gang. Trynna slide?" Keaunte asked as we walked out the cafeteria. "Yeah I guess I'll come through. Let me know the time." I said before we parted ways. The bell rung telling me I was going to be late to fourth period. One thing about it, I ain't running to no fucking class to be on time.

"Attention all students and staff members. This is a Level 3 lockdown. I repeat, this is a Level 3 lockdown and this is not a drill."

Fuck.

I looked around seeing that the hallways were empty. I went to the first door rattling the door knob to see if it was unlocked and it wasn't. "Fuck, fuck, fuck." I said to myself. I went into the bathroom closing the door. I pulled out my phone going calling my Auntie.

"You in school boy why you calling me." She said answering the phone.

"Auntie, they saying we on a lockdown and its not a drill. I don't know what's going on and I didn't want to call the police without knowing if they was deadass or not."

"What the fuck Isaiah. You should have called the police. They said it wasn't a drill."

"I don't know Auntie. The mutha fuckas here are weird. This could be some way to get folks to take it serious. They sure as hell did it at Maynard." I said.

"Alright. I'm coming up there, stay on the phone w-" She stopped talking. I looked down seeing my phone died.

You got to be fucking kidding me right now. I could hear stalls opening and closing in the girls bathroom. It seemed like panic, like there was other people hiding in there. "God, don't let me go out like this." I sighed before walking out the bathroom. I ran across to the girls bathroom and locked the door behind me. They starting screaming. "Yo chill, shut the fuck up." I said. I looked around to see if I saw a familiar face. I saw Mariah.

"Isaiah what the hell is going on out there?" She asked. "I wish I knew. Yall ever had a lockdown before?" I asked. "Only standard drills. We've never had a real threat in the building." She said. Out of nowhere I heard gunshots making the girls scream.

"Y'all gone have to shut the fuck up if yall want to live." I said. "The shots sounded like they came from the office so he's close. Just keep your mouth closed." I said. "What's that door back there?" I asked pointing. "It leads to the girls locker room which takes you to the gym." I said. "And the gym has doors that leads you outside." I smiled.

"Alright, I don't know about yall, but I'm bout to get the fuck up out of here." I said. "You ain't the only one, I'm coming too." Mariah said. "Are yall crazy! You can't leave during a lockdown. That's against the rules." Another girl said. "You want to get killed by following the rules or break a few to live." I said. "Didn't think so. Let's go." I got up opening the door walking into the locker room.

I let Mariah take the lead and followed her as we went into the gym. "Wait, we need to get Jessica. And Brent." Mariah said making us stop. "Brent can go to fucking hell." I said. "Really? And what about Jessica. Or your little friend from Maynard." She said referring to Keaunte. "Trust me. That nigga probably running home right now. He's had to get out of tougher situations." I said. "Well I'm not leaving Jessica."

"Bro we don't have time for this shit."

"You're really willing to leave her. Even with what you two have going on?" She said giving me a look. I'm assuming she's talking about the baby. Before I could respond, the gym door flew open. I looked up seeing a kid with a gun. "Fuck." I said.

"W-What the fuck are you doing in here!" He yelled twitching and shit. "The same thing anybody else in this building is doing right now. Trying to figure out what the hell is going in." I said. "Get on the floor." He yelled pointing the gun at everybody making them scream. "Put your hands on your head now!"

"Ronnie why are you doing this?" One of the girls cried out. "Because of stuck up, rude ass people like you!" He said approaching us. "You all think you're better than me. Because you're p-popular." He said stuttering. "No one thinks that Ronnie. We're all the same." Mariah said trying to calm him down. But by the look in his eyes, it was only amping him up.

"If we were the same, t-then why am I the only one that gets bullied at this s-school." He said. "They're not bullying you. They're just playing around Ronnie. Nobody meant any harm." Mariah said. "Mariah stop talking." I whispered. "Ronnie put the gun down please." She said ignoring me. I could see the rage in his eyes and Mariah wasn't helping.

"Mariah shut the fuck up."

"Ronnie, listen to me, we're on your side." She said getting up making everybody look at her. "Mariah what the fuck are you doing." I semi-yelled. "SIT DOWN!" Ronnie yelled. "Ronnie listen to me, put the gun down." He raised the gun to her with his finger ready to pull the trigger. What the fuck was this girl doing?

"Mariah, get back on the ground." I said. "Ronnie. We can walk out of here together and everything will be okay." She said. "No! No it won't." His finger was trembling on the trigger and I could tell what his next move was going to be. He was about to paint these fucking bleachers with Mariah ass. "Mariah get down!" I yelled running pushing her to the floor as Ronnie let out shots.

~Jessica POV

We had heard several gunshots coming from the front of the school. I was blowing up Mariah and Isaiah's phone but I wasn't getting any responses. Some people in the class had contacted the police already but with the rate Ronnie was shooting, they were going to be too late. I texted my parents letting them know what was going on and they said there was parents outside the school right now. I pray to God nothing happens to me.

My thoughts were interrupted with the handle on the door jiggling startling the whole class. The door opened showing three police officers. "Let's go. We got to get you out of here." They said. The whole class got out of the corner running out the building. Once we made it outside I looked around until I saw my parents. "Oh my baby! I thought something was going to happen to you." My dad said as I hugged him. "I'm so glad you're okay." My mom said.

I looked around trying to find Mariah and Isaiah but I couldn't find them. "Brent." I said running up to him. "Have you seen Mariah or Isaiah?" I asked. "No. I was trying to text Mariah but the texts weren't delivering." He said. The police walked out the building with Ronnie in handcuffs. "He seemed like such a nice kid." Brent said.

You could murmurs and whispers coming from the crowd of people outside making me turn around to see what they were looking at. It was Mariah. She walked out the building with her body covered in blood. "Oh my gosh!" I said as Brent and I ran up to her. "Are you okay?" Brent asked. "I-I'm fine." She said in shock. "You're covered in blood."

"This isn't my blood." She said looking worried. "Mariah. Who's blood is that?" I asked with my heart dropping. She wasn't responding. "MARIAH FUCKING ANSWER ME!" I yelled.

"It's Isaiah's."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋