twenty - two

~Isaiah POV

"You're here. Again." I said opening the door for Keaunte. "I don't understand you. All I fucking asked you to do was call Jessica back. You didn't. What were you doing? Fucking her best friend again?" He asked. "No, I wasn't. I just told myself that I would call her back tomorrow. I needed to clear my head."

"You needed to clear your head? Well let me clear mine. I just got back from sitting with Jessica while she got a fucking abortion. An abortion that you were supposed to be there for, not me." He said. "I fucking forgot." I sighed rubbing my hands down my face.

"If you weren't busy fucking her friend you would've known!" He yelled. "Look man I'll just call her tomorrow or something. I don't want to piss her off today more than I probably already did." I said. "Fine. Then I'm staying the night. Just to make sure you call her and not fuck her best friend." He said.

"I don't need a babysitter."

"Like hell you do. Buss the game out so I can whoop yo ass like I used to."

**

After two hours of playing the game, I was whooping this nigga ass. "Don't look so upset over there bro." I said. "Fuck you."

My doorbell rang.

"Well I'm not going to get it. Not while I'm whooping yo ass like this." I said seeing him look at me. "This ain't even my damn house." He scoffed getting up.

"Keaunte stop trying to hide from this beat down nigga!" I yelled seeing how long it was taking him. I looked up seeing him walking in with a girl. I made a double take seeing who it really is.

It was my ex, Keisha.

"What the fuck are you doing here." I said. "Trust me, I don't want to be here as much as you don't want me to. But Deja didn't give me much of a choice."

"Wait Deja sent you here? Keaunte what the fuck is going on here?" I asked. "I heard about your little fuck up with your girlfriend." Keisha said sitting down. "First off, that's not my girlfriend. Second, yall out here telling my fucking business?" I asked looking at Keaunte. "Don't be a bitch to him."

"You ain't got no right to sit here and try to tell me the rights and wrongs of a relationship. You cheated on me after four years of being with me." I scoffed. "I know that and I regret it. I wasted my time on something that didn't even last a month. I cheated on a guy that I loved and loved me back ten times harder. I fucked over a good person and if nobody understands how that feels, you should. From what I've heard this Jessica girl seem like a good person. So why put another person through that knowing how it feels?" She asked.

"If I didn't listen to Keaunte telling me this, what makes you think I'm gone listen to my ex?" I asked. "That's your fucking problem." Deja said walking in the room. "What the fuck. When did you get here?" I asked. "I was standing in the hallway listening to this bullshit. Keaunte convinced me not to break yo fuckin neck when I got here." She said. "What is this supposed to be? An intervention. I don't need this shit." I said getting up.

"Sit ya little funky ass down." Deja said getting in front of me. "I like Jessica. She cool people. And I don't like what I'm hearing about you fucking her best friend." She said. "It was one time yo."

"Twice." Keaunte said.

"Once, twice, it doesn't matter. It won't happen again." I sighed. "You damn straight it won't. Get your shit together Zay."

**Next Day**

~Jessica POV

I was scrolling through TikTok when a DM came across my screen from Instagram.

ynkeuante : Come outside.

I was confused as hell. I slipped on my slides and went outside seeing Keaunte and Deja. "What's going on?" I asked. "It's family day." Deja smiled. "Family day?" I asked still confused. "I just want you to know, this was her idea not mine." Keaunte said shaking his head as he got back in the car. "What's family day?"

"Once a month we hold a family day block party in Kirkwood. Just everybody hanging out together like a family. And from what I'm seeing you need to get away from these weird ass white neighbors you got and be around your own people for a day." She said. "I'm not prepared for this." I said. "No worries, go get dressed we'll wait outside for you." She got back in the car and I walked in the house.

I put on some black biker shorts and a graphic tee.

Something simple.

I went back outside and got in the car.

**

We pulled up to a house and got out the car. "Who's house is this?" I asked. "Mine." Keaunte said. "Wait, how do you go to school with me if you live all the way over here?" I asked. "I stay with my grandparents throughout the week." He said. We walked into his house. "Hey baby." An older woman said approaching us. "Hey mama." He said hugging her. "How you doing Deja?"

"I'm doing good Ms. Tammy."

"This is a new face." She said looking at me. "Ma this one of my friends from school." Keaunte said. "Well any friend of my sons is welcome here. Nice to meet you." She smiled. "Nice to meet you too." I said. "Now that yall here, can yall just take these pans next door to Marcus house. He got to put these ribs on the grill before these people start coming outside."

We all picked up a pan and did as she said.

"Your mom is nice." I said to Keaunte. "When she wants to be." He said.

*Later That Night*

"Isaiah has called me like three times tonight." I said to Deja. "You answered?" She asked. "No. I don't want to talk to him right now." I scoffed. "Come on, the bonfire is starting." We walked over gathering around a fire pit where a group of people were. I looked over at Keaunte who's eyes were more red than a damn fire truck. "Glad you came over D. We was just talking about the last family day." Some guy said as we sat down.

"Oh my gosh please don't bring that up." Deja sighed.

"What happened?"

"One of Keaunte hoes was here. Tried to hit on Deja ass, Deja whooped ass on that nigga man." He said laughing. "That's not my fault. How you gone sit here and try to mess around with my bro and then talk to me. The mutha fucka didn't know if he wanted some dick or some pussy. Like pick a side homie." She scoffed. "Wait, it was a guy?" I asked. "Who else would it be?" One of the other dudes asked looking at me. I was confused.

"Aahh, you don't know do you?"

"Know what?" I asked. "I'm gay." He said blowing the smoke from his blunt. "Wait seriously? Why didn't you tell me that?" I asked. "Must have slipped my mind." He said making everybody laugh. "Aye, aint you that shorty Isaiah brought with him to Deja party that one time. You was shaking ass."

"Yep. That's me."

"Y'all still together?"

"We aren't t-" Keaunte cut me off. "Hell if they was they damn for sure ain't now." He said making me raise a brow. "Keaunte not right now please." Deja said. "Shit whats the tea up in Hollywood." Another guy said stepping into the conversation. "There's no tea, Keaunte just too high to think correctly so he should stop talking." Deja said.

"Isaiah being a fuck up. Sneaky linking with her best friend and shit." He said. "Keaunte come on now. Let's go in the house." Deja said standing up trying to grab him. "Isaiah messing around with Mariah?" I asked. I looked between both of them and they didn't say anything. "Is this why you brought me here? So you could make a fool out of me in front of your friends?" I asked. "No Jessica I would never do that. Keaunte just isn't in the right mind right now. If he was sober he wouldn't have even said that." She said.

"Yeah, well thank God for weed right. I'm going home." I said. "Wait, we brought you here."

"I'll call an Uber."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋