forty - four

~Isaiah POV

"So you guys are broken up?" My mom asked as I was getting ready to go to Keaunte's birthday party. "Yep. I just don't think we were meant to be, we've been through enough." I said shaking my head. "Aren't you about to see her tonight?"

"With all the people Keaunte invited, I doubt I'll even come across her. Besides, I'm not about let her ruin my fun."

~Jessica POV

"So that's it, he just took the necklace and walked off?" My mom asked as I was getting ready for Keaunte's birthday party. "Yep. I tried to make it work but I guess it wasn't meant to be." I shrugged. "Aren't you all about to see each other tonight."

"I hope not. I won't be looking for him. Besides, I'm not letting him ruin my fun."

~Third Person POV

Pulling up to the venue that Keaunte was holding his party at, Isaiah got out the car walking inside. "My nigga!" Keaunte yelled over the music as he approached him. "Wassup."

"You look stressed G. Come on, take a shot."

"Nah I don't think Im drinking tonight." Isaiah said. "Ah shit." Keaunte said making Isaiah turn around. He locked eyes with Jessica. "On second thought, let me get two shots." He said. "Can you act accordingly please?" Keaunte asked. "As long as she acts right, I'm good."

Heading over to Jessica, she looked at Isaiah and brushed him off. As much as she didn't want to acknowledge him, she did come to this party with a plan. A plan to piss him off and show him what he lost. "Happy early Birthday friend." Jessica said approaching Keaunte as Isaiah walked away. "Was that supposed to be petty?"

"Very much. Now where's the alcohol." Jessica said. "You sure you should be drinking. I mean after that whole thing with you and the drugs."

"It was pills Keaunte, not liquor. Now please, point me to the goodies."

~Jessica POV

I fixed myself a cup, something slight to get me through the night. "Wassup beautiful." A guy said approaching me. "Hello." I responded already knowing I was going to be bored with this conversation. "I don't think I seen you around the hood before."

"I'm not from there. I go to school with Keaunte." I said. "Ahh, one of those bright preppy shorties. I fuck with that." He smiled leaning against the table a little. "So how old you are you beautiful? I'd hate to be wasting my time."

"I'm seventeen, turning eighteen in a few more weeks." I said. "Word. I turned eighteen last month."

"That's nice."

I was so uninterested in this conversation. "So what is it going to take for you to fuck with me tonight." He said. "Look, no offense but I don't really think I'm interested."

"Come on beautiful. I th-" I zoned out of him speaking when something else caught my eye. I saw Isaiah from across the room with another girl. She was beautiful. And she had a big butt. I tried to not let it bother me until I saw him with the widest grin on his face. Like he was blushing. And enjoying the conversation he was having. I watched as his hands slid down her back and onto her ass.

"On second thought." I said tapping back into thought with the guy who approached me. "I love this song. Let's dance." I  said.

~Isaiah POV

"So what are you doing after this party?" The girl asked me. "Shit who knows. I don't got nothing planned." I shrugged. "Well I got a room at the W. If you're trying to come back with me." I laughed a little as I could see Jessica burning a whole in my face from the corner. I slid my hand down the girls back leaving a grin on my face. "So I take it you are trying to come back with me."

"I'm down with whatever." I said watching as Jessica passed me with some guy following behind her. "One second, I need to use the restroom." I said. I walked off to see where Jessica was going with this guy. I seen them out on the dance floor and she was all up on him. It took every bone in my body not to approach them. I seen her eyes lock with mine as she continued to dance with him.

I walked back to the girl that I was talking to.

"You like to dance?" I asked. "I love to dance." She smiled. "Come on." I grabbed her hand as we walked to the crowd full of people dancing to Ying Yang Twins.

I knew what this night was going to consist of.

Jessica and I going back and forth giving each other dirty looks and doing petty stuff to get one another's attention. It's working.

After two minutes of the same song, every shorty in here shaking ass with they homegirl on the sideline hyping them up, and every thirsty ass nigga trying to get behind something, things finally settled down. I looked around seeing Jessica walking off alone.

Fuck it.

I followed behind her as she went into the bathroom. Before she could close it, I stopped the door and got in behind her. "Isaiah what the hell." She said holding her chest as I closed the door and locked it. "You scared me half to death."

"You look like you're having fun."

"Isaiah I have to use the restroom." She said. "Okay?" I questioned confused on what was stopping her. "You're in the restroom with me. I need you to not be. Privacy."

"It aint nothing I haven't seen from you before." I mumbled. "Did you come in here to talk about the obvious jealousy you've been showing throughout the night?" She asked. "Me? Jealous? About a broad that ain't mine, delusional." I scoffed. "So now I'm a delusional broad?"

"Man that's not what I meant. But you're the jealous one."

"Me? Jealous? About a piece of meat, crazy." She scoffed. "I'm a piece of meat to you now?"

"That's not what I meant." She mocked.

"You don't even know that nigga. Why are you dancing on him like that?" I asked. "The same reason you're allowing a female that you don't know to dance on you like that." She shrugged. "I'm just having fun."

"Am I not allowed to have fun too? And if I'm not mistaken, you broke up with me. Therefore Im no longer your concern. Now if you'd excuse me, I have a hotel room to tend to." She said about to walk past me but I stopped her.

"You serious? You about to go back to a room with this nigga?"

"I'm single now. I can do whatever the hell I want with whoever the hell I want."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋

I know it was a short chapter yall😭 I was gone wait to post it until I finished this next one tmmr but I didn't want to keep yall waiting like that. But it's about to get real messy round here👀