0.8 - The Three Musketeers

"How is the relationship going?" Abe asks as I make my way down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Why do you care? You don't tell me much anyways." I spit attitude his way and he rolls his eyes.

"You have to drop it at some point, we see each other every day." He murmurs, following me into the kitchen.

"Or i could continue to hold this grudge until you tell me what happened that night." I grab a glass and turn around to look at him. "Your choice."

He sighs, sitting down at the island and pulling out his phone.

"Fine, be like that. I'm going over to Calum's house, y'know, since he's my boyfriend." I grab my jacket and leave the house, anger keeping me warm.

I approach his doorstep and knock three times on the cold door. After a few chilly moments, the door swings open to reveal Ashton.

"Margo, we were just talking about you!" He exclaims, a grin apparent on his face. "Come in, we're all in the kitchen."

He closes the door behind me as I walk into the kitchen. Michael is at the fridge, Luke is eating eggs at the island, and Calum is eating cereal.

"Cal, look who decided to come over." Ashton rests his hand on my shoulder and I smile, trying not to show that I'm trying to figure out the scene in front of me.

Calum looks up from his cereal and nearly spits it all over the counter, choking.

"Margo, hi." His eyes are wide as he stands up to reveal that he's shirtless. "Have you eaten?"

I shake my head and set my jacket onto one of the empty seats before sitting beside it. "I just woke up."

"I can make you something, if you want." Calum offers and I shake my head, declining politely.

"I don't eat when I first wake up, it makes my stomach hurt." I explain and he nods, sitting back down.

Luke gives me a look as if he knows I'm lying. As if he knows I only won't eat because I haven't taken my medication.

"Do you need us to cut the heat up? You look cold." He gestures to my choice of attire and I realize I'm wearing shorts and an oversized t-shirt.

"I have my jacket, do you guys have a bathroom?" I ask softly, immediately realizing how dumb the question is.

"Down the hall and to the left, I'll hang your jacket up for you." Ashton answers and I nod, standing up and walking down the hall.

Their bathroom isn't decorated like mine, but there's not much I would expect from a group of teenage boys. I take care of my business and wash my hands before exiting the bathroom.

"Why did you come over?" Luke asks, and I realize I randomly arrived with no warning or explanation.

"I got bored." I lie since I don't feel like explaining anything to them. Ashton gives me a knowing glance before I continue. "Do you guys have any plans today?"

"We were going to invite the One Direction guys over along with some girls." Luke responds and I smile at their carelessness. "You can stay if you want."

"Sounds like a date, but I think I should go back to my house and get dressed in proper attire." I laugh and Ashton shrugs, examining my outfit.

"Seems fine to me." He explains, taking a bite out of an apple.

———

"Margo, I'm going out, I'll be back soon." Abe calls out through the house as I lay in bed. After a few moments, I hear his car drive away, signalling for me to get out of bed.