2.1 - Thinking Of You

"No way, that's insane." I laugh, not fully believing what Leo just confessed to me.

We've been working on the film for a few months now and tonight we went out to dinner. He decided to drive me home and I agreed, not seeing anything wrong with it.

"I'm serious! We didn't know what else to do with it!" He laughs, pulling into my driveway. I notice Calum and the other guys outside on their porch and it makes me smile.

I unfasten my seatbelt and turn to Leo, a smile still on my face. "I had fun tonight. It was nice to finally hangout with you outside of work."

I lean my head against the seat, looking at him and he sighs, resting his hands on the steering wheel.

"I had fun as well, we definitely need to hang out again sometime soon." He smiles and I nod. "Oh, and happy early birthday."

"My birthday isn't until the twenty-second though?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Yeah, but it's better to be three days early rather than three days late." He smiles and I feel myself mimic his expression subconsciously.

I reach to open my door when I hear a knock come from Leo's window. I snap my head in his direction to see Calum and Ashton hunched over, their faces in the window.

They have grins spread across their face and they wave innocently at me. Before I have a chance to say anythig, Luke and Michael appear on my side of the car with the same expressions and I just want to melt into the seat.

"Are these your friends or are we about to get mugged by some teenagers?" Leo asks, not taking his eyes off of Ashton and Calum.

"They're my friends, but I wouldn't put it past them to mug us. Two of them are cancers though so they might just cry if you yell at them." I reach over him and roll down his window with an annoyed expression. "What do you want?"

"We came to talk to your friend." Ashton responds cheekily. "Lily, right? Or is it Lauren? My apologies, I'm terrible with names."

"It's Leo, now go away." I shoo them away, attempting to roll the window back up when Ashton leans into the door, restricting me from doing so.

"Getting rid of us so soon?" He pouts innocently, rolling down my window to allow Luke and Michael lean into the car. "How did you two meet?"

"We work together. Now leave us alone before I punch you in the nose." I roll my eyes, leaning back in my seat causing Ashton to let out a laugh.

"Now, you wouldn't actually do that, would you?" He smirks, causing Luke to pipe up and attract my attention.

"Not after what she did with Calum. She's practically our sister in law now." Luke teases me and my eyes widen.

I snap my head in the direction of Ashton who is attempting to hide his smile, blocking my view of Calum. I push my door open, knocking Luke and Michael to the ground.

"It was a great night, but we'll have to finish this conversation tomorrow." I hurriedly explain to Leo and he nods as I climb out of the car.

"Alright, good bye Lila! It was a pleasure to finally meet Margo's baby sitter." Ashton teases and I run around the car towards him.

"Woah, hey, calm down pip-squeak." Calum grabs me and holds me back from catching an assault charge from Ashton.

"You told them you asshole!" I shove him and he looks shocked at my sudden out burst.

I stare at him, waiting for an explanation as Leo drives away and Calum just stares back at me.

"Good to know." I nod, clearly annoyed with him. "I'm going to bed, once you find out how to talk let me know."