2.7 - Obviously Best Friends

"You've got a lot of built up anger for this Hailey girl. What happened at the party last week?" Noelle asks as we leave the studio and I silently put my sunglasses on, ignoring her question as the driver opens the car door for us. "Are you ever going to tell me?"

"There's not much to tell." I shrug, not wanting to go into detail.

Ever since my birthday, I've only spoken to three of the guys. I've been ignoring Calum until he wants to explain himself and cut the bull shit. It's worked in my favour though, because Koleton and I have been working together every day to improve my self defence.

"You're acting like I'm not only two years older than you. You're nineteen, and I'm twenty-one. I promise I'll try my best to understand what you're going through." She tries to plead her case, but I just lean my head against the window.

"Ask Ashton, I don't want to talk about it. Besides, the song is getting released tonight no matter what Jeff says so you'll find out through the song either way." I mumble, not wanting to continue the conversation any further.

I love Noelle and the fact that we've been spending so much time together, but she's so adamant when it comes to what she wants and that pisses me off sometimes.

"I'm here if you need someone, you know that, right?"

"Yeah, I know."

We finally get to the house and I waste no time getting out of the car and walking towards the house. As soon as I walk away from the car though, I notice Calum sitting on my front porch.

"You've got to be kidding me." I groan under my breath, turning around. "Noelle, get back in the car. We're leaving."

"Margo! Please wait!" Calum calls out as I hear his footsteps approaching me from behind.

I stop walking right in front of Noelle and turn around, looking at him with anger and irritation coursing through my body. "Give me three seconds to explain myself, please."

"You couldn't have done that in the three hundred messages you sent me?" I fold my arms over my chest and pull away as he reaches out to touch me.

"I just- I wanted to talk to you in person. Face to face." He responds and I stare at him through the sunglasses with a blank expression.

"So? Speak, dumb ass." I begin to feel annoyed at the fact that he's stalling and it causes him to jump.

"I just want to say that I'm sorry, really. I shouldn't have let Hailey stay that night and I should've told you about her." He scratches his arm nervously and I press my lips together, shifting on my feet.

I turn around and hand Noelle my bag and phone along with my sunglasses before spinning around and slapping him in the face.

I stumbles backwards and grabs the cheek that my hand made contact with, clearly dumbfounded by the action.

"It was my birthday, and you let some random fucking skank sleep in your room. Then I had to learn from Ashton that you've been sleeping with her this whole time. Don't you dare try to water it down." I spit my words at him like they're venom. "If you really want to know how I feel about everything, listen to the song I'm releasing tonight. You can even invite Hailey to listen to it with you if you want, but I don't ever want to hear you say my name again."

I walk away from him and towards the car, grabbing my belongings from Noelle as I pass her. "Let's go to the shooting range."

———

"Are you with that Calum guy?" Leo states the question as if it's nothing as we sit on set together, waiting for my driver to arrive.

"No, I don't date." I shake my head as I push my salad around with the fork.