1.3 - Stupid Little Things

This is Calum's pov of course :)

"You literally just have to start the fire. How complicated could it possibly be?" Luke argues with Michael, taking the lighter from him.

I toss the rest of the stuff into one of the chairs before looking around for Ashton.

I eventually find him in the kitchen, trying to carry all of the drinks at once. I reach to help him, finally asking him for a favour that I've been nervous to do for hours.

Ever since she came over last night to give me our mail, I can't get her off of my mind.

"What's the favour?" Ashton snaps me out of my thoughts and I clear my throat. "Oh, this is about Margo."

"Not particularly." I shake my head and he raises his eyebrows. "Okay fine, it is, but you can't tell her I want to do it."

"Depends on what it is." He turns away from me, grabbing the last of the drinks out of the fridge, cracking one open.

"I need someone to go over there and ask if she wants to hangout at the bonfire tonight." I finally propose my plan and he sets the drink down, looking at me.

"That's all you, hot stuff."

He grabs some of the drinks and heads towards the backyard, causing me to do the same.

"Why me? Why can't any of you do it?" I pout and he faces me, pushing the door open with his back.

"Because, it's your fake ex girlfriend. We're just bystanders." He sets the drinks down before looking at me again. "Besides, the songs are all about you and as far as I'm concerned, there's some closure that needs to happen."

"The songs aren't about me." I roll my eyes, setting the drinks in the exact place Ashton set the ones he was carrying.

"Oh c'mon dude, face it, she likes you." He reaches his hand out to lightly shove my arm. "And you like her."

"No, you think she likes me and I don't know how I feel." I roll my eyes and he looks at me like I just spat on his face.

"Calum, she talked to you for the first time in months. That's got to mean something." He argues and I shake my head.

"She talked to me because she had to. She was giving me our mail because she knocked on the door and I happened to be the closest one to the door." I explain the situation, shutting his theory down.

"The universe is telling you something dude. Maybe it heard the songs you've written about her." He smirks and my eyes widen.

I open my mouth to shoot out a rebuttal when he holds his finger up to stop me.

"Amnesia, Heartache On The Big Screen, Out Of My Limit, Beside You-" He begins counting with each of his fingers before I stop him.

"Okay fine I'll go talk to her! Just please don't bring up the songs being about her, around her." I beg and he smiles.

"Deal."

———

"Is she here yet?" I whisper to Ashton as a few more people enter the house, making their way to the backyard.

"Calum, I love you man, but if you mention her one more time I'm throwing you into the fire pit. She'll be here, give her time." He groans, leaving the house.

I wipe my hands on my pants, nodding towards a few girls that smile at me. I walk towards the kitchen window, looking out it, scanning the yard.

After a few minutes, I begin to lose hope, so I walk away from the window and reach into my pocket to grab my pack of cigarettes.