4.4 - Love And Lust

"I'm bored, they're taking too long." I pout, leaning back onto the hood of the car that Calum and I are leaning on.

It's been a week, maybe two, since I killed my dad and Calum is trying his best to make me feel normal again.

The Mitchy guy and his friend thats built like a tree, who's name I learned is Jordan, decided to take the guys and myself out for the day. I thought they meant we would go on a walk or something, but oh boy was I wrong.

Calum and I have been standing here for around an hour as the five other guys decided to go off and race cars. I wish I could explain further, but I was too distracted by Calum to listen to the explanation they gave us.

We've been throwing small sticks at each other and borderline bullying each other as if we're children. Its a nice break from everything.

"Oh come on, this isn't that bad." He pulls me in front of him, my back facing him, and rests his head on top of mine as he wraps his arms around me. "We finally get some alone time."

"That's a shame, I just so happened to like Ashton always being around us." I let out a sigh filled with false disappointment causing him to dip his face down into my neck.

"If he was here I wouldn't be able to do this." The deep rasp in his voice causes me to freeze. He begins planting small, gentle, affectionate kisses on my skin when a car engine can be heard from a distance. He pulls away and I mentally curse at whoever decided that now was a good time to come back.

The car speeds up to us, it's tires screeching as it halts to a stop beside us. Mitchy, Jordan and Mikey climb out of the car as Ashton opens the driver door with a grin. "That was sick, huh?"

"You're an asshole." I smack him on the back of the head, causing him to flinch before Mitchy speaks up.

"We're throwing a party tonight, if the two do you want to come." He smiles and I immediately get a bad feeling about the whole situation.

Not just about the party though. I get this feeling every time we're around these guys. The same feeling I got when I was around my mother and those men. A feeling that I have to protect Calum the way I would try to protect my siblings.

"No thank you." I shake my head quickly before looking to Calum for backup. "We have other plans."

"Yeah, I was just going to spend time with Margo tonight." Calum nods, picking up on my sudden mood change.

"Your loss, it was going to be one for the books." Mitchy laughs and I feel my pulse begin to quicken, my fists clenching subconsciously.

Calum gently places his hands over mine in a reassuring way. I open my hands, allowing him to laces his fingers through mine.

"That's okay," He shrugs swiftly, a smile on his face. "As long as Margo's happy I'll miss anything."

"Oh, you're whipped." Ashton rolls his eyes, a grin appearing on his face.

He's definitely the captain of this ship and he takes it so seriously that he pushed the god damn ship out to sea. Now it's just a waiting game.

"Remind me, what are we even here for?" I rub my eyes gently and I hear Mitchy let out a loud groan. "What?"

I pull my hands away from my eyes to see everyone looking irritated because of my question.

"Margo, we've reminded you like sixteen times in the past hour." Mikey looks at me and I feel a sharp pain go through my chest.

"I'm sorry, I forgot." I mumble, feeling guilty for annoying them. Ashton grabs my wrist and gently pulls me off to the side.

"Are you okay? Your memory is getting worse than usual." He whispers so the others can't hear him and I shake my head.