3.6 - Crack And Whores

"My crotch hurts." I whine, climbing into the bed that I have to share with Koleton as he changes his outfit.

"Yeah, that'll happen." He lets out a laugh, drying his hair with the towel from his shower.

"I feel disgusting." I roll over, my hair falling in front of my face as I stare at the ceiling. "Do you think if I pray then it'll help me?"

"Depends on what you pray about." He murmurs, walking over to the bed. "You can't pray your dirty thoughts away."

"That's not what I meant, asshole." I sit up, turning to him as he sits down next to me. "I mean your family seems so certain about how God can cleanse me of all my issues. Do you think it'll work?"

"It could." He shrugs, looking up at me. "I don't know though, I haven't prayed in a while. Tomorrow will be my first time going to church since I left here."

"So you only go to church here? You do know that churches are a worldwide thing, right?" I furrow my eyebrows and he smiles.

"No, I mean I'm just a completely different person when I'm here." He shakes his head, looking down at his hands. "I feel as if anything I do will end badly when I'm here. Meanwhile, in Los Angeles, I can almost do anything wrong and you'll forgive me."

"Yeah, I don't know why I'm like this. It just kind of happens to be one of my many quirks." I shake my head, letting out a sigh.

"What are the others?" Koleton asks as I stand up and walk towards the dresser.

"Just small things, too many to talk about in one night. Besides, we have church tomorrow."

"Oh come on, just one." He pouts, causing me to turn around and look at him.

"We have a lifetime, Koleton. Tonight won't matter in a few years." I shake my head, tying my hair up into a ponytail. "I'll tell you almost everything about me at some point."

"Almost?"

"Almost."

———

"Let's go! Its time for church! We've got eighteen minutes until we have to be out in the car!" Koleton's dad calls out as he walks through the house, hitting each of the bedroom doors.

I rub my eyes and attempt to move, only for Koleton to tighten his grip on my waist subconsciously.

"Koleton, we have to get up." I whisper, my voice still raspy from sleeping.

"I'm tired." He nuzzles his face farther into my neck and I feel my stomach knot up.

"I am too, but I want your family to like me." I pull his arm off of me and he groans.

"Fine, I'm up." He rolls over, rubbing his eyes. His voice is extra deep and I almost don't realize that it's him speaking.

"Koleton! Margo! Get up!" His dad beats on our bedroom door, causing Koleton to let out a loud groan.

"We're up!" He calls out, causing the footsteps to fade away. He turns to look at me, my hair probably looking like a lion's mane.  "We should probably get ready."

After a few minutes of fumbling around the house, everyone is finally ready. I grab my phone and leave the room, following Koleton down the stairs where everyone said they would be waiting.

"You can't honestly fucking believe that, Andrea!" A loud voice angrily booms through the house and it causes me to stop walking.

*
"Look at me!" He grabs my face with his hand, the contact causing my skin to burn. "Either you do as I say or I burn you."