4.2 - Racing With Chase

"We saw you, Margo! Don't think you can hide from us." The man calls out as he kicks the front door down.

"That's our door." Luke frowns and I give him a scolding look. "Right, sorry."

"I'll jump and you guys need to toss the bag down to me." I whisper, running into Calum's room as he rises from his bed.

"What's going on?" His question seems genuine, but I don't have time to explain.

"You're not jumping out the window." Luke argues with me and I shake my head, opening the window.

"Luke, it's our only option unless you want to fucking die. Those men work for my father, and they're not scared of going to jail. So unless you want Calum's room to be the last one you see, I suggest you jump through this window." I finally push the window open and slip one of my legs through.

"We're on the second floor, are you insane?" Ashton grabs my arm and I pull away.

"Listen to me when I tell you this because I'm not saying it again, I've been through so much shit that jumping off the second floor is the least of my worries. Either you can follow me or get your brains blown out." I pull myself out of his grasp and pull my other leg through the window. "It's your choice."

I launch myself to the ground, keeping my knees bent so my ankles don't snap on impact. As soon as I regain my balance, I look up to see Ashton pushing himself out of the window the same way I did.

Once Ashton, Luke and I are on the ground, Calum tosses the duffle bag down to us and pushes himself out the window after it.

"Wheres Mikey?" I look around, doing a headcount as if they're children and Luke shakes his head.

"He's not here, he's off with a girl. He left right before you and Ashton came back." He reassures me and I nod before beginning to sprint towards my house as they follow.

I open the back door as Ashton, Calum and Luke struggle to hop the fence.

"What are you doing? We have a front door." Noelle looks at me with a confused look and I ignore her sprinting upstairs as the guys follow.

"If the big scary men next door ask where we are, it's not here. They may try to kill you guys." Luke calls out as they run upstairs.

We get into my room and I lock the door as they collapse onto different parts of my room. Luke on my bed, Calum in the floor, and Ashton in my recliner.

I hurriedly hide the book and file in my safe that only has one key that hangs around my neck.

"What do you think Koleton and Noelle are going to think?" Calum pants and Ashton sits up quickly.

"They won't know. We just won't say anything." Ashton quickly says and I fall to the ground, pressing my hands against my face.

"We have to tell them." Luke chimes in, causing Ashton to groan. "I'm serious, I doubt those men will keep this a secret. Not to mention you could easily win gossip of the year."

They continue arguing about the situation as I try to drown them out and think of a way for us to get out of here safely. After a few minutes, I finally have realization hit me in the face.

"They want me." I look up at them and they all have confusion wash over their faces.

"What?" Luke knits his eyebrows together as I stand up.

"The men, the want me." I turn to my dresser and rummage through it, looking for something.

"If you're thinking what I'm thinking, then I'm not letting you leave this room." Calum walks up behind me.