1.9 - Kiss And Tell

"Drugs." I state, watching Noelle closely. I finally opened up to her about my family and she seems a bit upset about the whole situation.

"Over you? Why would they do such a thing?" She frowns, watching me as if I'm a glass that she's waiting to see shatter.

"I don't know, people get addicted to things all the time. It's not a new thing." I shrug, not bothering to show how hurt I really am.

"I'll never leave, I hope you know that." She softens her voice and I shake my head.

"You don't even know that."

Before she can respond, the front door swings open to reveal Calum and Luke who are accompanied by a girl.

"That's my cue to leave, you all stay out of trouble." She winks at me and I rolls my eyes in fake annoyance. "By the way Calum, she wouldn't shut up about you while you were gone."

My eyes widen as I look at him like I just got shot and he lets out a laugh of amusement.

"Who is this?" I ask, reaching out to shake the girls hand but she scoffs and walks away as if I just insulted her mother. "Never mind."

"Ignore her, she's got a bloody stick up her ass. She needs to pull it out before I-" Calum angrily snaps, but I widen my eyes and cover his mouth before he can finish his statement.

"We get it, you don't like her." I let out a laugh to notice Luke giving me an apologetic look. "Did you bring the alcohol?"

"Yeah, I'm not going to be drinking though. I've got to drive her home." Luke answers, handing me the bag that's heavier than a new-born baby.

"Why can't she drive herself?" I furrow my eyebrows and Calum clenches his fists, looking at me as if I'm supposed to know the answer.

"She's high on fucking Xanax and whatever she was snorting in the car." Calum finally answers my question, shoving past me.

I feel my heart break a bit, not just because of him shoving me, but because they brought hard drugs near me.

I stumble backwards, my grip on the bag tightening as if it's going to stop my fall.

This is going to be a long night.

———

I watch him closely as he washes his glass that he used tonight, the muscles in his back flexing. I would be doing the dishes right now but he insisted on it since Luke and whoever the girl was left very abruptly.

"I'll put them up for you." I stand up and walk over to the counter, grabbing the dishes that are now dry and placing them into the cupboard.

He finishes the last of the dirty dishes, drying his hands off and leaning against the counter, his eyes studying me.

He stands up straight and walks away from the counter, causing me to assume he's leaving. I shrug and proceed with placing the dishes into their designated areas.

Once I finish placing the dishes into the cupboard and reach to close it, I feel hands grab my hips, causing me to freeze.

Calum buries his face into my neck and I feel as though I could melt into a puddle on the floor right here.

"I missed you." He mumbles into my neck and I feel nerves build up inside me. Feeling the exact way I did that night we first kissed.

"I missed you too." I whisper, a lump forming in my throat which almost prohibits me from speaking.

He pulls his face away from my neck and uses his hand to pull my hair away from my neck. He begins replacing my hair with gentle kisses and I can't help but wonder what got into him while he was away.