4.3 - Before The End

Calum's pov:

"We have to find a way to help her." I quickly stare, pacing around Margo's room as I tighten my grasp on the key so tightly that it causes me to bleed.

"She's going to be okay, just sit down." Ashton tries to reassure me, but I shove him away.

"No, we need to help her. I won't be able to live with myself knowing that I let her walk through that door and she- she-" I slowly stop pacing as tears begin to fill my eyes. "I can't lose her, Ashton."

"I know, but if you don't sit down and stop pacing then you're going to cause all of us to freak out."

He has a valid point, so I take a seat at the end of the bed where Luke has stayed without a single word.

"She said something about a journal." I whisper, my voice shaking. "What could be in the journal?"

"Oh my god wait-" Ashton stands up from his spot on the floor, gaining my attention. "This morning when she set the warehouse on fire, before we got back, she said that her dad may have been able to predict her life; but she was always four steps ahead."

"What does that have to do with anything, Ashton? Her dad is dead." I groan, looking away from him and he steps in front of me.

"She said she wrote everything down in her journal, and she made you promise to read it. What if she wrote what her plan is in her fucking journal?" He rambles, taking the key from my grasp before I can argue.

He falls to his knees and quickly opens the bottom drawer, pulling out the safe and unlocking it. He grabs her journal and flips through it, looking for the most recent page.

As soon as he lands on it and reads it for a few minutes, he drops the key along with his mouth. "She's going to kill them, look."

"Let me see." I take the journal from him and read it out loud. "The guys just think we're going to run from the men, but I know that the men want me dead. I'll tell them I have to leave to save them, only so they won't assume anything. I still have venom from when Noelle wanted to use it to treat my wounds. I'll cover my knives with it and kill two of the men, leaving Chase and I alone. I want him to realize who I am, who he took advantage of all those years ago. I may get killed, but I doubt it. Calum, if you find this, I'm sorry."

"So she's a murderer?" Ashton looks at me in fear and I shake my head.

"No, she's a genius. They might have the bronze but she has the brains."

A gunshot rings out through the air, causing all of us to flinch. I stand up and set the journal onto the bed without another word. I run out of the bedroom and sprint down the stairs, towards the front door.

I swing it open to see the larger man's body on top of Margo as the other two men's bodies lay limp on either side of her. I sprint up to the scene and pul him off of her, helping her up as the guys run up to us.

"When they said the body gains fifty pounds as soon as it completely relaxes, I should've listened." She groans, brushing the dirt off of her pants. "So much for dead weight."

"That was badass, Margo." Ashton grins, snickering quietly. "Up top."

He holds up his hand for a high-five, but Margo doesn't bother paying any attention to his hand before scolding him like a mother.

"I've killed four people in the past twelve hours and you're trying to give me a high-five? Ashton, you may need to re-think the decisions that led you to this moment." She hands him the gun before squatting down and grabbing her knives out of the bodies and shuffling through the corpses' pockets for anything valuable.