2.0 - Only Safe Space

Dinner has been a roller coaster tonight, to say the least. Jeff, Noelle, Koleton and I all decided to invite the guys out to dinner along with their management and its been exhausting.

"Margo, how is your new EP coming along?" Matt asks, a smile spread across his face.

"I just released one, so right now I'm focusing on my acting and modelling." I explain and a frown appears on Jeff's face. He gives me a scolding look and I feel my stomach practically fall out of my ass.

"I'm sure she's working on her new EP as well, but that's not her priority at the moment, which is perfectly fine." Noelle smiles, giving me an apologetic look and I feel a wave of relief wash over me.

Ashton, Michael and Luke are talking amongst themselves at the end of the table as Calum and I sit quietly.

Its been a week or two since everything happened that night and I can't erase it from my mind. No matter how hard I try.

He must've forgotten about it by now because he's gone back to his normal self, but my brain goes all fuzzy when I see him. Like a kid in a candy store.

He places his hand onto my thigh and gently squeezes it, causing me to choke on my drink.

"Margo, have some manners for Christ's sake." Jeff snaps, grabbing a few napkins and I shoot a glare towards Calum before muttering a quick apology.

"I'm sorry some of us choke." I snap back at him and he rolls his eyes. After a few more seconds of listening to their aimless small talk I decide to stand up and excuse myself from the table. "I have to go to the restroom, if that's allowed."

Without allowing another word from anyone, I make my way to the bath room and try to hold back my anger.

Just breathe, Margo.

I push the door to the bath room open and make my way over to the mirror.

I take a good look at myself, the feeling of the jewelry causing me to have a sensory overload. I begin to shake as I take it off, failing the first few times and letting out an aggravated groan.

"I can't do one simple thing. For fuck's sake Margo, just take of the fucking jewelry. How hard can it possibly be?" I argue, scolding myself for my lack of intelligence. I begin to scratch my neck angrily, trying to claw my way to my spine.

A ringing fills my ears as I feel as if I'm about to pass out. What would Abe tell me?

Come on Margo, think. What would he say?

I begin gasping for air as tears trail down my face, my vision becoming blurred. I begin hitting myself in the head as an attempt to stop the ringing when I feel someone's hands on my shoulders.

"Darling, hey, look at me." Calum hurriedly whispers and I feel my heart slowly calm down. "Hey, I'm right here, okay?"

"This is- this is the girls bath room." I gasp for air, proceeding to claw at my neck like a rabid animal.

"I'm not leaving until I know you're okay. I need you to take your hand away from your neck, can you do that for me?" His question seems more like a demand, but I listen anyways. I pull my hand away from my neck and notice the red outlining my nails from where I was pushing them so hard into my neck.

I look up at him from behind the tears and the outline of his head and shoulders is enough to calm me down. I blink away the tears and turn to look at myself in the mirror, him standing behind me.

"Keep your eyes on me, I'll take the jewelry off. Is that okay?" He whispers as if I'm a dandelion that he's scared to blow away.

He begins to slowly take each of the necklaces off, slowly and carefully so he doesn't hurt me. He places each of them onto the counter softly before moving to the next one.