5.2 - Golden

Margo's POV, age 14:

"So, you're leaving?" Luke asks as we sit in his backyard and I nod, pulling at the string on my pants.

"I won't survive if I stay here any longer. I wish I could take you and the guys with me, but I leave tonight." I nod, feeling my chest tighten. "We'll see each other again though. I don't know how I know, but I just do."

"Yeah, I'm sure we will." He lets out a long sigh before turning to look at me. "What do you think we'll say when we meet again?"

"Well, we probably won't recognize each other." I smile, turning my head and meeting his eyes. "We might catch each other stealing glances in a quiet coffee shop and come back everyday to do it again until one of us gets the courage to approach the other. Or we could be walking past each other on the street and my over-sized hat will fly off of my head because the wind is abnormally strong that day, don't bother asking why. You'll pick it up for me and when our eyes meet we'll just know. Or we will meet through a mutual friend and catch up on everything we've missed."

I let out a sigh before looking down at the ground and continuing. "Maybe we'll even run into each other in the grocery store and find out that we've missed so much and catch up over lunch. Whatever the odds are, they'll be in our favour in some lifetime."

"Yeah, I hope so. We're only just getting started on our story." He laughs and I smile at the sound. "I'm going to miss you, a lot."

"You're saying that like I'm dying." I laugh, shoving him playfully. "I promise we'll find each other again, even if it's the last thing I do. Besides, you still haven't played me any of your songs."

"They don't sound right without the other guys." He shakes his head and I sigh.

"Fine, but as soon as you get big and famous you better not forget me."

"Scout's honour."

———

Margo's POV, present day:

"It's a bad day, isn't it?" Noelle asks as I walk down stairs. I quietly nod as I sit at the counter, trying to steady myself as the room spins around me. "The guys said they'll be coming over later, but I can tell them not to if you want."

"Who?" I press my hand to my forehead as I squint my eyes, a sharp pain shooting through my head.

Who is she talking about? I'm not allowed to have friends.

"They guys? Calum, Luke, Asht-"

"Oh yeah!" I nervously laugh. "I knew that, duh. I'm going to go into the living room until they get here."

I slowly get up from my seat and enter the living room, taking a seat on the couch. I grab the camera off the table and slowly run my hand across it before going through the videos, clicking one that may help.

"Calum, stop!" I let out a laugh as a brunette guy grabs my waist, a blonde one coming up to stand beside us. "Ashton help me!"

"Nope, sorry Margo. I'm busy eating this burrito." The blonde boy shrugs and I let out a huff.

"Luke, can you help me?!" I look behind the camera as the person holding it laughs.

"No way, I'm busy recording this wrestling match."

"Ugh! You guys are impossible! Wheres Mikey?!" I let out a loud scream as laughter erupts from all of us, when someone knocks on the door frame behind me.

I quickly shut the camera off and set it on the table before turning around to look at them. Ashton, Calum, and...Luke?

"Hey, Margo." The guy, who I believe is Luke, smiles softly. "Noelle told us it's a bad day. How are you feeling?"