5.4 - Fireworks

Luke's POV:

"Are we going to see her today?" Ashton asks quietly as I make my was down the stairs.

"Are we ready to see her?" Mikey asks as I enter the kitchen where they're seated at the counter.

I stay silent, opening the cupboard to grab a cup. I reach up into the cupboard, noticing a specific cup that Margo has used every-time that she has come over. Her faint lipstick stain makes my stomach knot up so I close the cupboard and walk over to the fridge.

I pull out the bottle of tequila and begin drinking it straight from the bottle.

"We need to see her at some point. Calum has been in his room for weeks." Ashton wipes his face with his hands. "She probably thinks we abandoned her."

"No, I'll go visit today." I finally speak up, causing them to look at me. "I'll need one of you to drive me."

"Are you sure? You seem pretty torn up-"

"I'm fine, Michael. I just need to get dressed. I'll be right back." I set the bottle down and walk up the stairs, each step getting harder than the last.

I open my bedroom door when a random flash of Margo enters my eyes.

*
"No one loves me." Margo places her hands onto her face as I drive her home, causing me to furrow my eyebrows and purse my lips.

"That's not true. So many people love you." I look over to her before glancing back at the road.

"Do you love me?" She asks softly as I stop the car at a red light.

"Of course." I nod, causing her to look over at me, a hint of a smile coming onto her lips.

*

*

I enter my room and quietly get dressed, the knot in my stomach only getting tighter. I sit down on my bed and put my shoes on before looking at my night-stand and grabbing the camera.

I study it as I roll it over in my hands, trying to choke down the tears.

Margo would punch me if she saw me like this. I need to pull myself together before we get to the hospital. She needs to be surrounded by happiness.

I leave my bedroom and slowly walk down the hallway, approaching Calum's room and knocking on the door. I slowly push the door open to see him lying in bed, watching the same video of Margo over and over again.