2.3 - Not Like Usual

I push the powder into a thin line on the glass table in front of me before snorting it through a rolled up bill, passing it to the girl next to me.

The burning sensation fills my nose and throat, the same way it has every night for the past month. I toss my head back, downing a few shots in an attempt to numb myself further when someone yanks me off the couch with out warning.

"Hey!" I yell, looking towards the feeling of the hand and coming face to face with Calum. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in Korea."

The sentence can barely leave my mouth as my vision blurs with the sudden movement he's caused.

"I could ask you the same thing." He snaps back, audibly annoyed. "We came back early."

He slings my arm over his shoulder and pushes through the crowd effortlessly as I struggle to keep up with his quick pace.

I grab a drink out of a waitress's hand, tossing my head back and pouring it into my mouth before Calum can smack it out of my hand.

"Margo, I didn't want to do this but you're really leaving me no fucking choice." He sighs as he suddenly stops walking. He rips the cup out of my hand and scoops me up with out thinking twice. I let out a slurred laugh, saying a few words that I doubt even exist as he leaves the club that I've spent the past thirty-six nights accompanying. "Where's your car?"

"I didn't drive. I called an Uber." I drag out my words as I watch his face glistening in the street light. "You look hot when you're angry."

He rolls his eyes, approaching a car that already has the engine started. He opens the back door and tosses me into Ashton's lap, who looks exhausted.

"I knew she would be here." Ashton mumbles as if I can't hear him. Calum closes the door and climbs into the passenger seat, Michael being the one who is driving. "How much did you consume, Margo?"

"Uhh this many?" I hold up a random amount of fingers and Ashton rolls his eyes, turning to look out the window.

"We can gag her when we get to the house. Then say she was with us the whole night." Michael whispers and I shake my head.

"I don't have a gag reflex." I speak in a song-song voice before letting out a giggle.

"Well what are we going to do then?" Calum looks between the three of us.

"Laxatives? We have to get it out of her somehow." Ashton offers and I shake my head again.

"Sprite and bananas make people throw up." I laugh, finally giving them an actual good option.

"There we go."

———

"Margo you have to chug it." Michael tips the bottle of sprite farther back so more of it pours into my mouth. I begin choking, hunching over the toilet as the sprite pours out of me like I'm some sort of fountain.

Ashton is leaning against the door as Calum is squatting beside Michael.

"My tummy hurts." I pout, sniffling as tears stream down my face from the soda burning my throat.

"You're hurting her. Give her a break." Calum tries to shove Michael out of the way, but he doesn't budge. "I said move."

This time, Michael backs away from me and allows Calum to take his spot. Ashton stands in the doorway, gaining Calum's attention. "Can you give me a few minutes alone with her, please?"

"If you need anything, let me know." Ashton responds softly before closing the door, leaving me and Calum alone.

"Talk to me, please." He whispers taking my hands in his. "What's going on?"