1.2 - Back To December

"I go back to December all the time." I sing softly into the microphone. "All the time..."

"That's a wrap!" The producer calls from the other side of the glass, giving me two big thumbs up.

We've been working on my album for a few months now and this is the final recording of my new single.

I smile softly at how proud he looks as I set the headphones onto the mic stand. I grab my water and my journal before making my way to the exit.

As soon as we wrap up our goodbyes, Abe leads me out of the studio and towards the back where the driver is waiting.

It's been a few months since I've spoken to Calum, or any of the guys for that matter. They seem to be doing well, while I'm doing my best at hiding the pain.

As soon as my album drops though, everyone will know exactly who it's about and exactly how I feel.

Today is the first day of March and I still find myself revisiting that night in December when Calum was throwing rocks at my window.

"I'll meet you inside, I need to make a call." Abe whispers and I nod softly, climbing out of the car.

I make my way up the steps, almost making it to the door, when I hear laughter coming from the boys' house. I turn to see the four of them laughing and kicking around a soccer ball in the front yard.

Before I can look away, Calum catches my eye and stops moving. He just stands there, looking at me like it's his first time seeing me. He gives me a soft wave and I return the favour before entering the house.

Jeff has been giving me a hard time since he heard the full story about everything with Calum. Noelle told him to be easy on me since breakups are hard, fake or not, but he wasn't having it.

The thoughts have been coming back, worse than before. It's almost as if my brain knows something I haven't caught onto yet.

After around an hour of letting my mind wander, Abe finally comes into the house.

"I need you to run this next door, please." Abe hands me a stack of mail and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Why can't you do it?" I frown and he shakes his head.

"I have a meeting I need to get to. You just have to drop it off."

"It's like the third time this has happened in the past two weeks. The mail man needs to be fired."

"Yeah, I really have to go."

Before I can argue any further, his phone rings, causing him to leave the house. I sigh, looking down at the stack of mail that's at least two inches tall.

I grab the mail and leave the house, making my way to the house I've been dreading for months. It feels like just yesterday I was talking to Calum on the front steps, and now I'm about to throw up all over their mail from overwhelming feelings.

The feelings I can identify are fear and guilt.

The fear of Calum spitting on me and telling me to go to hell is something that's been lingering in the back of my mind for a while.

Not to mention that the feeling of guilt isn't a new one either. That one definitely is something I deserve to feel.

I stab my nails into my leg three times before finally finding the courage to knock on the door. The knocks end up being louder than I had anticipated and it causes me to cringe.

I hear shuffling from inside the house before the door finally opens, showcasing none other than Calum.

"I- I came over to- your m- here." I fail at my attempt to speak, my eyes on the floor the entire time.