epilogue

Luke enters the small tattoo shop that he's been in multiple times before. Only this time, it's different.

The air feels thicker, but not exactly in a bad way. He's getting a tattoo for himself, rather than watching his friends get their own tattoos.

"What can I help you with today, Hemmings?" Mark, their regular tattoo guy, asks as he stands up from behind the front desk.

"I want to get a tattoo, on the back of my neck." Luke mumbles and Mark's eyes widen.

"Are you sure? You've never even touched a tattoo gun, kid."

"I'm positive, I want to do this for Margo." Luke whispers and Mark let's out a sigh.

Ashton broke the news to Mark about Margo passing away, it came as a shock to him, as it did everyone else. He didn't believe it at first, but eventually he broke down.

Luke lies down on the small chair and gives Mark a knowing look.

"What do you want tattooed onto you?" Mark asks and Luke scrambles to grab the picture out of his pocket.

"A dandelion?" Mark furrows his eyebrows and Luke nods, attempting to swallow the lump in his throat.

"Yeah, she loved them." He croaks out, causing Mark to let out a sigh.

"What do you want it on your neck?" He raises one of his eyebrows and Luke looks up at the ceiling, trying not to let the tears slip.

"That's the last place she touched me before she passed away. Its the last place I have as a reminder of her." Luke begins to twist his ring around his finger that has a topaz crystal, for Margo. "Do you know what today is?"

"October twenty-seventh? No kid, I don't." Mark shakes his head as he gets the supplies ready.

"It's her birthday. She would've been twenty-five."

And, we're done :)

Tysm to EVERYONE that came along this confusing and aggravating journey.