4.0 - Actions Have Consequences

Ah, the infamous chapter 40. Good luck ;)

"Why would he tell you that as if his words don't have repercussions?" Ashton angrily asks as he helps me attempt to break into the warehouse that Calum, Louis and I were at ages ago. "Also, are you sure you want to do this? I don't think everyone can deal with the news that you died twice in the same month."

"I just need to get in here and get out. I need answers." I grunt as I give the door one final push, causing it to slide open; creaking loudly.

"Okay, but if it gets dangerous then we're leaving. Got it?" Ashton sounds angry and I can't tell if it's because of me telling him what Koleton said the other night, or if it's something else. "I don't feel like doing anything drastic tonight."

"Ash, it's me, you have no choice other than it being drastic." I smile mischievously before jogging into the warehouse with my duffle bag.

As usual, my knives are strapped to my leg and my gun is in my waist-band. I don't go anywhere without them now.

"Does Koleton even know that you're here?" Ash whispers as we duck behind a large wall of boxes and I shake my head, opening the duffle bag. "For fuck's sake Margo, are you serious? You're going to get us killed."

"Oh really? Do the guys know that you're here?" I blink at him, causing him to shake his head. "Exactly, so you're in just as deep as me."

"Well, since no one knows where we are, that means-"

"There's no one ready to come save us."

———

Two hours before

"Ashton, I love you, but I'm going to bed." Mikey pulls himself off of the couch as I watch closely from outside the window. "We can play tomorrow."

Ashton nods quietly as Mikey walks up the stairs. As soon as the door closes, he pulls his jacket on and runs to the door quietly.

I push my pack of cigarettes and my lighter into my jacket pocket as I rise up from my squatting position.

He opens the front door and runs down the porch steps to help me out of the bushes.

"You're acting like they don't know who I am." I huff, brushing the many different particles off of my behind.

"Yeah, well you're acting like they won't wonder where we're going." He hisses, taking the duffle bag from my grasp. "Are you ready to go? I don't have all night."

"Yes, and thats fine because it's two in the morning."

The car ride is quiet and possibly the shortest car ride I've ever been in. After a few minutes of arguing, Ashton parks the car beside the warehouse and we approach the door.

"Hand me the tools to pick the lock." Ashton holds out his hand as if this if Home Alone.

I shove him out of the way and grab bolt cutters, snapping the lock before tossing it to the ground. "Help me push it open."

———

"Hey! Who's in here?!" A male's voice calls out as I recklessly rummage through the endless amount of files. It turn to Ashton who has a panicked look on his face.

We dive behind the wall of boxes again as the footsteps approach the other side.

"I know someone's in here." The voice states again, echoing through the warehouse as Ashton pulls me towards him.

A hand begins to rip the boxes away from the wall, causing me to hold my breath.

"Aaron, we have to leave." Another voice calls out, causing the first guy to stop grabbing the boxes.