5.5

Luke's POV:

"I'm Margo Roberts and that was my story of my final days. It's a shot in the dark, but I think it was a pretty badass way to spend my final months. Everyone around me made sure to make me feel loved, especially the guys. I know they'll be the ones editing this, so if you guys get this far, I want you to know you showed me a life the fame and money could never buy. Thank you."

As the video finishes I turn to look at her tombstone. "It's not the best, but it's the best we could do without you here."

I close the laptop and set it to the side. "It's weird, it feels like you're still with us. I know it's been a month and you'd hit me if you saw me so torn up, but you deserved a happy ending."

I leans my head against my knees when Calum comes up behind me with the guitar. "This one is for you, Margo. Thank you for showing us what love is."

"This is Ghost Of You."

———

One month earlier...

"Okay so I couldn't find the- oh my god..." Ashton drops his phone when he sees my leaning beside Margo's bed, her body lying there. "Oh no no no."

"I tried to tell her not to go, I tried to tell her that we-" I begin to sob when he runs over, pressing the button to call the nurse before grabbing Margo. "Please wake up, please."

I watch as he rocks her back and forth, sobbing as he pulls her closer to his chest. "Margo please. We didn't get a good-bye."

The nurses and doctors run into her room, shoving us out of the way as the attempt to resuscitate her.

As they begin yelling, I hear a soft voice whisper in my ear. "I'll be just fine, I'm right here with you. I love you."

I turn to Ashton, looking to see if he heard the same thing as me. He doesn't even glance at me before leaving the room. I grab the camera and leave the room, chasing after him as the yelling becomes quieter.

She's gone...

———

The Funeral...

"You're handling this so well, Luke." Noelle whispers as she places her hand onto my shoulder. "I know that she's so proud of you."

"I hope so, I'm doing this for her." I whisper, looking down at the paper in my hands. "She would be so mad at me for crying."

"I don't think she'd be mad. She might laugh at you, but she won't be mad." Noelle reassured me and I sigh. "You're up next, good luck."

I stand up from my seat and approach the podium that is placed perfectly beside Margo and the picture of her.

"I know that the video all of you just watched wasn't what you would expect to be shown at a funeral, but that's what made Margo so amazing." I glance at the casket and let out a shaky breath before ripping up my speech card. "She was all about doing the craziest things, even if it put her life on the line. If she were here today, she would laugh at how many times I've cried."

"She wasn't formal like the media made her seem, she was reckless, she was adventurous, she was clueless. She always pushed everyone to be their best and she wanted everyone to love themselves." I let out a sigh and whistle, signalling for the men to begin bringing the dandelions in. "Anyone who knew Margo, knows that she loved dandelions. She always convinced people to make wishes on them every-time they spotted them. That's why I arranged for a thousand dandelions to be brought here, each of us can take one and make a wish."

I step off the stage and grab a dandelion before walking back up to the podium.

"She had so many years left, so we're going to live for her. We're going to fulfill her last wish and live life on the edge of the cliff. We're going to take chances when we get them, and go the extra mile to make the people around us happy. We're going to live life as if it's a shot in the dark."

I hold up my dandelion once everyone has their own and smile before turning to the casket. "This one is for you, Margo. Thank you for the best years of my life. I'll forever love you."

I turn back to the crowd and motion for them to stand up. "Let's all make a wish before leaving this ceremony. In honour of the golden girl, the person that lit up the parts of our lives that we expected to stay dark forever."

Everyone makes a wish and blows the pieces of dandelion into the air, causing me to smile.

I grab Margo's journal from my pocket and open it to the page that caught my eye earlier today.

"I want to read one last thing, this is from her journal. It says; 'I may not have an impact on the world, but as long as I have an impact on someone's life I'll die happily.'"

I look back down at the crowd nod close her journal. "I think we can all agree that she fulfilled that wish and impacted all of us. So I speak for all of us when I say, thank you Margo. Without you, we wouldn't be who we are today. You're all free to go."

As everyone stands up from their seats and exits the building I put Margo's journal back into my pocket and walk back over to the casket, placing my hand onto it.

I bend down, next to the head of the casket and smile softly. "I still have your zeppelin shirt. I promise I won't let anything happen to it. Thank you for being my one epic love."

I plant a soft kiss to the casket before placing a single dandelion on top of it.

Thank you, Margo (golden girl) Roberts.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I think I speak for all of us when I say that this book was definitely a roller coaster

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I think I speak for all of us when I say that this book was definitely a roller coaster. The epilogue will be out later <3

Shot In The Dark [Book 1]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें