4.6 - In Your Eyes

"Margo we're about to leave to go to the store for some snacks. Are you coming or not?" Calum's voice snaps me out of my trance as I lay on the tour bus with my phone hovering above my face.

I have the calculator app open and I can't remember why.

I slowly climb out of the bunk and walk off the tour bus. "Sorry, I got distracted."

"That's okay, the guys already went into the store and I was waiting for you. Are you alright?" He places his hand on my back and rubs it in soft circular motions as we enter the store.

"Yeah, I just forgot what I was doing." I try to laugh it off, but his face drops.

My memory is getting even worse and I don't know how to stop it. I've started writing more things down, just in case.

The other night I was writing something down but I forgot what it was halfway through.

My memory has gotten so bad that most nights I forget if I showered or not so I end up showering multiple times.

Usually I would assume the memory loss is from my depression, but this is definitely something worse. I want to tell the guys, but they're having so much fun on tour I don't want to ruin it.

We have one month left of tour and I don't know if I'll be able to pull through.

"We're going to be getting our favourite snacks, okay? I'll go get the basket." He leaves me standing alone in the snack aisle, surrounded by foods that I mostly forgot about.

What's my favourite snack?

After a few moments of being alone, Calum approaches me with a basket and a smile. "Alright just grab whatever you want and then we'll leave."

"Okay." I nod, approaching the shelf. Why can't I remember my favourite snack? I stand here, staring at the endless amounts of food while trying to figure out which one I'm supposed to be grabbing.

"Margo, the gummy bears are down here. They're you're favourite, right?" Calum calls out from the opposite end of the aisle and I let out a shaky breath.

"Right, yeah sorry I saw something over there." I let out a forced laugh and he just shakes his head with a small smile.

They're happy Margo, don't ruin this for them.

As soon as I open my mouth to speak again, the other guys come from around the corner.

"Ashton just hit some baby in the head." Mikey pants as they halt to a quick stop.

"It was an accident! I didn't know she was right there." Ashton frown as he puts his hands on his knees.

"Yeah right, you literally looked right at her before you-"

"It's fine, we got away from there as fast as possible. We just need to leave the store." Luke interrupts Mikey and Calum lets out an exaggerated sigh.

He turns to me and looks down at the basket that he was previously shovelling tons of snacks into. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah, I can't remember why we're here." I nod, pressing my lips together.

"We were here to get snacks." Calum's voice softens, almost as if he's disappointed.

"Yeah, I knew that. I was just testing you." I let out a nervous laugh before walking past them. "Let's go."

———

Calum's POV:

"It's getting bad." Ashton mumbles as we sit next to each other while the stylists do our hair.