5.0 - The World

Luke's POV:

"Where is Margo?" Calum asks as he walks into the kitchen where Mikey and I have been sitting for a few minutes.

"She said she's coming, give her time." I mumble as he sits down across from me at the counter.

"We're going to miss the-"

As soon as he begins to complain, the front door swings open to reveal Margo's voice.

"I'm so so sorry! I forgot we were hanging out today." She calls through the house before entering the kitchen. "It's not too late, is it?"

I give her a smile and stand up from my seat.

"No, it's not too late." I approach her and pull her into a hug. "Let's go get in the car, Ash is already out there."

"Yeah he was mumbling profanities when I was running up the steps." She laughs softly and I shake my head.

"Of course he was."

———

"Ash, can you stop the car?" Margo asks, yelling over the mix of music and wind. "Here, hold the camera."

She hands me the camera from the back-seat before reaching to take off her seat-belt.

"Are you insane?!" Calum's eyes widen as he stops her. "We're on the edge of the fucking cliff. You're going to get yourself killed."

"Oh come on. A few minutes won't hurt. I just want to feel the wind." She pushes his hand away and unfastens her seat-belt, sticking her upper body out the window.

I quickly scramble to grab the camera and record her as she screams in joy.

She tosses her head back and lets out a genuine laugh before turning to look at me

She tosses her head back and lets out a genuine laugh before turning to look at me. "Do you feel that?"

"Feel what?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows as I pull the camera away from my face.

"Alive. Do you feel alive? I feel like I'm on top of the world!" She begins laughing as pure joy erupts from her, causing me to smile. "Come on Luke, scream!"

"I'm sorry? No, I don't-"

"Shut up, everyone screams. Scream like you're the happiest you've ever been. Let it all out!" She rolls her eyes and I sigh before sucking in a long, deep breath.

"I'm on top of the world!" I yell, causing her to grin from ear to ear.

"We're on top of the world!" She screams before pulling herself back into the car.

"You done, dare-devil?" Ashton laughs as I pull myself into the car and turn the camera off.

"Yeah, only until we get to our destination." Margo smiles, putting her seat-belt back on as Calum stays quiet.