3.0 - Looking For Myself

"That fucking hurts." I wince under Koleton's touch as he attempts to help my bruised face.

I'm currently sitting on the counter as he stands in between my legs.

"Yeah, I know. Now please let me help it hurt a little bit less." He tilts my chin up with his pointer finger as his thumb rests on my chin. "Thank you."

I watch him as he pays close attention to what he's doing, slightly biting down on his lip as he concentrates.

"Do you have to do this a lot?" I ask quietly, not wanting to bother him anymore than I already have.

"Do what?" He furrows his eyebrows and looks up at me, his pupils never staying the same size.

"Help mend wounds. I know you were in the military, but I mean outside that." I explain my question and he sighs.

"When I was younger, yeah. Ever since my family-" As soon as he decides to open up to me about more of his personal life, the door swings open to reveal a very shaken up Noelle.

"Are you okay? Oh my gosh you look terrible. Do you need anything?" She begins shooting questions out left and right as she pushes Koleton away from me and takes his spot.

I pull away from her and look at him, only wanting him to come back. Wanting to go back in time to three seconds ago.

"I heard what happened and I came here as soon as I could. I don't know who all is here, but the police were leaving as I pulled in. God, I thought you were hurt." She completely ignores my attempts to get out of her grasp and begins crying.

"I am hurt. I have a broken nose that is definitely going to bruise and I just had to fucking stab my own father." I angrily snap, causing her to back up. "Now will you please leave me alone so Koleton can help me?"

She seems shocked at my sudden outburst as she shifts her glance between me and Koleton. She nods and begins to leave the bathroom before she turns around again.

"Let me know if you need anything, please."

———

After around half an hour of Koleton helping me with my bruises, we leave the bathroom to hear talking downstairs. I give him a silent look of confusion and he shrugs in response.

As we walk further down the stairs, the voices are easier to recognize. I hear Jeff, Noelle, Matt and...

Oh no.

I quicken my pace and turn the corner to enter the living room as everyone turns to look at me. I look around at everyone as an attempt to piece everything together.

Jeff, Noelle, Matt and Abe...

"What is he doing here?" I furrow my eyebrows and Jeff lets out a sigh as he roses from his seat.

"We've taken it upon ourselves to discuss tonight's events." Jeff speaks in a calm tone as he approaches me. "We've realized that you've gotten hurt more times under Koleton's protection than you ever did under Abe's protection."

"That's bull-shit! Are you forgetting the part where Abe killed someone and then he was participating in illegal business with my dad?! Or did that just so happen to cross everyone's minds?" I yell, shoving him away as I back up against Koleton. "Koleton has done more for me than Abe ever will."

"That's not true." Jeff shakes his head, as he looks around the room. "Ask anyone in here and they'll explain that Abe dedicated so much time from his life to helping you."

"The years that he was lying to me don't count. After taking those away, how much time does he really have on Koleton?" I raise my eyebrows, my head spinning. "Huh?! Tell me, Jeff! How many?"