2.4 - My Dead Body

This is Calum's POV bc baby boy deserves more screen time.

"Where's your girlfriend?" Luke asks walking into the living room where Ashton and I are sitting. I ignore him and proceed to scroll through my phone aimlessly, knowing Margo is upstairs sleeping. "Hey dip-shit, I'm talking to you."

"I know, but you should probably think before you speak." I stand up, turning my phone off and sliding it into my pocket.

"I'm not the one with the girlfriend addicted to Xanax." He snaps and I clench my fists, letting out a bitter laugh.

"I think you're forgetting who you keep bringing back around here. She was the one next to Margo when I picked her up from the club, idiot." I begin to argue when Ashton stops me. "And don't you dare talk about her like that, because you need to remember who was there for you when you were high off-"

"Calum, stop talking. Go check on Margo." Ashton stops me before I can speak any further and I roll my eyes.

"He's acting like he's in love with her or something!" Luke yells and I stare at him with a blank expression, forming my next sentence wisely. "Do you love her? Because if you do then that's a stupid move, might I add."

"What if I do? Huh?! What would possibly happen if I actually do love her! Or if I'm even in love with her?! It's not like she's going to find out, or have the same feelings." I yell and he laughs at me.

"I think you're forgetting all the lies you've been telling her. All the secrets you've been keeping from her about who we are. Its just a matter of time before she gets wrapped into this shit as well." He wipes his bottom lip with his forefinger, resting his thumb on the opposite side, before continuing. "She's Hollywood's most adored celebrity right now. She's not the same girl you knew back home, Calum. She's got a reputation."

"She can keep her reputation. You're acting like me being in love with her will stop any of that. Like I'm some fucking obstacle she needs to get past." I stare at him, not expecting his next response.

"You're a revolving door, Calum. She doesn't know that though because she's never been in a relationship so she's going on blind. Do you even know anything about her? Or her father? Please, tell me one thing that you know about her, and not the version of her that you've created in your mind from admiring her." He stares at me, waiting for a response, but I just toss my hands up in defeat and make my way up the stairs.

I refuse to let him stop me from being with her. I refuse to let anyone, or anything, stop me from being with her.

I walk towards my room and open the door, noticing the bed is empty. I hurriedly look around, noticing Margo sitting beside the window. I approach my bed cautiously and sit down on the edge of it, facing her.

"What were you guys yelling about? Your voices were muffled, but it wasn't hard to sense the anger." She speaks softly, turning to look at me.

"Nothing, just some stuff with the band." I shake my head and she nods.

I don't even know what to say to her after what happened last night.

"Last night, I got so messed up that I thought I saw my dad's face. It was scary, so I downed more drinks." She whispers and I feel a burning in my chest. "I don't think I actually saw him, but I could feel him. It was like he was there with me."

She won't believe me if I told her that he probably was there last night, so I keep my mouth shut.

"Can I tell you about him? How I remember him. I don't think I've ever talked about him to you." She seems hesitant with her words, but they show her bravery nonetheless.