3.7 - Wants And Needs

again,, TW: do not read if you are easily triggered and do not read to purposely trigger yourself.

Margo's POV; age 14

I suck in a deep breath, planning out each of my steps through the small house. I don't think you could call it a house since it's a trailer, but it takes away from the sadness of the situation.

"Abigail, wake up." I whisper, quietly shaking her awake. Nixon begins rolling around in his crib so I walk over towards him, picking him up and propping him up on my hip.

"Go get ready for school, I'll finish your homework." I whisper, reaching into Nixon's crib to find his bottle.

Abigail is taking a quick shower, the water barely on with the fear of waking mom up lingering over us. I make Nixon's bottle as I finish our homework and get ready for school.

This is a normal day, take care of them, go to school, come back home, repeat.

"Abi we have to-" I stop dead in my tracks when I notice a tall figure coming out of our mom's room. I run to the bathroom with Nixon and close the door as quickly as possible without making noise.

We sit in silence as the front door closes and I hear two car doors slam. Great.

Getting the kids to their designated places is as simple as it's always been, but school for me was different today.

I trudged towards my locker, not bothering looking at or listening to anyone. The only thing on my mind being how I'm going to get through the day.

"Margo!" Giselle grins, skipping up to me as if we're in a movie. "Guess who invited me- us to their concert this weekend?"

I stare at her blankly, not even bothering to imagine who would do such a thing. My brain can't handle it today. I turn to my locker and begin entering the code before answering. "I don't know, who?"

"Luke Hemmings." She grins and I let out a long sigh, preparing myself for the rant that's about to take place. "He came up to me and asked if you were here and I said nothing yet so he gave me a paper with the address and said he wanted us to come and- oh my god there they are." She gasps, grabbing my arm as I shove a few of my books into my locker. "Act natural."

She nervously shakes me, making me feel as if I'm going to fall over. I back up, reaching to close my locker when a tall figure slams into me. They catch me before I can fall and I look up to see Luke.

"Margo, right?" He smiles at me as I rise back up to my full height. "Gina told me that you weren't here yet."

"Her name is Giselle, and I just got here." I pull away from him and glance at the other three guys that are standing behind him as if this is some coming of age movie. "I don't see why my whereabouts are any of your concern though."

"I- we were wondering if you wanted to come to our show this weekend?"

Its easy to say no when Giselle invites me, but I don't know how to say no to strangers.

They're not exactly strangers, but it definitely a weird that they're talking to me.

"I'm busy, sorry." I close my locker and begin walking away when he runs up to my side.

This has to be a fucking movie.

"You can't go out for one night? I'll even give you a ride." He eagerly begs and I turn to look at him, expecting him to seem angry, but he doesn't.

"I'm sorry." I decline his offer one last time and he nods.

First period goes by quickly, its second period I'm worried about. I quietly enter the classroom as everyone talks amongst themselves.