Chapter 24

"Let's sit," Grandma Lou said. "There's nothing to cry about, crying doesn't solve the problem." Emilyn sniff. "Come tell me what's bothering you." Grandma Lou said in a soothing voice.

"I'm worried about you, what if there's no donor for you. And then you have to leave me, you can't leave me. You the only one that I got." Emilyn cried.

"Hey, hey," Grandma Lou takes a tissue to wipe her tears. "I'm not going to leave you ever. We can go through this together."

"You really think so?" Emilyn lookup with red swollen eyes.

"Yes." Grandma Lou nods. "If you are worried about the money. I have savings that you can use to pay for it."

"Grandma is okay. I got it covered." Emilyn told her. "I've gotten a job at one of the cafes near my office, I'm going to start this weekend."

"Emilyn, you don't have to do this. You are going to wear yourself out."

"No is fine, it is for you. I'll do anything to make you better again."

"Aww, my sweet granddaughter." Grandma Lou squeezes Emilyn. "Okay, I'll allow you to work an extra job. But if you wear yourself out, I'm going to ask you to stop immediately. I don't care how much in debt we are." Grandma Lou lectures. "You got that?"

"Yes, grandma." Emilyn nod and hug her tight.

"So, what's going on with you and Christopher?" Grandma Lou asks all of the sudden. 

"What do you mean?" Emilyn lifts her head.

"Is there something going on between both of you that I should know of?" She asked.

"Nothing, nothing is going on between us." Emilyn wipes her nose. "Why would you think there's anything between us?"

"Because when you came in, you guys are holding hands."

Emilyn groaned, "grandma that's nothing, he just tried to stop my hands from shaking." She told her. "That's all nothing to it, we are just friends," Emilyn stated.

"Friends?" Grandma Lou raises her eyebrows in disbelief, "I beg to differ."

"Is true," Emilyn stated. "We are just friends, anyways he likes someone else."

"How do you know that he likes some else?"

"Because he told me," I told her. "And I'm also helping him to get the girl."

"Oh." Grandma Lou said with a frown. "Let me ask one question, do you like him?"

Emilyn thought for a while, "I think I do?" She shrug. "I'm not sure."

"I see." Grandma Lou scratches her chin and bones her head slowly. "Just figure out if you like him or not, but don't take too long to figure it out." She warned. Emilyn"If you take too long, he might go with someone else and you will regret it."

Emilyn sigh, "I will."

"Good, now go get him. I want to talk to him." Emilyn nods and left to find Christopher in the kitchen.