Chapter 11

"Hello?" Emilyn answered; she balances the phone on her shoulder and lifts it to reach her ear. And also, while opening a bag of ballon.

"Em, it's me," Ana said

"What's up," Emilyn asked. She sounds a little worried.

"Finley has been acting weird since last week."

"Weird? What do you mean by weird." Emilyn asked, trying to pump the balloon with one hand.

"Weird as in paying too much attention to his phone and every time I asked he just say is nothing." She explains.

"Maybe he's just busy." Emilyn tried covering up the truth; she can't let this proposal go to waste. Finley and Emilyn have been planning this for two weeks, and She has already blown up 20 balloons.

"Even though he's busy, he'll tell me. But now, he's just acting weird."

"Don't worry about it; Fin will tell you as soon as possible. He can't keep something hidden from you."

"I guess so." She said, still unsure. "Somehow, he asked me out for dinner tonight."

"Isn't it great?" Emilyn told her.

"Yeah, but I can sense something." She said. "Oh no, do you think he's going to break up with me tonight. Maybe this will be the last dinner date we'll ever go to."

Emilyn mentally slaps her head, "Ana, calm down. He's not going to break up with you. He loves you too much to break up with you."

"You're right." She takes a deep breath.

"Now, go to that dinner and relax."

"Okay."

"If Finley did something to you, just call me; I'll be there in an instant," Emilyn told her before she ends the call. "Now, time to put it all together," She stood up, and piles of ballon surround her.

After decorating the place, Emilyn wrote a note to them and placed the gift she got for them on top of the note. Then, Emilyn receives a text from Finley saying that they are on the way home. She quickly places the remaining electric candles until they formed into a heart and left.

Emilyn text Finley saying that everything is ready, and he replies with an okay emoji.

Taking a cab back home with a smile, She squeals inside. She can't believe her two best friends are getting married.

Crossing her fingers, hoping that tonight will go well. The cab stopped at her apartment; she pays the money and heads up to her floor.

When she unlocked the door, her eyes froze on the scene in front of her. "Grandma?!" Emilyn quickly ran to her grandma side on the living room floor. "Grandma! Don't scare me!" She shouts. Emilyn hands begin to shake.

Tracing back her memory on the short course of first aid she learned in school. Her hands still shaking as she checks for her grandma pulse and let out a breath. Her heartbeat is still there but is faint.

"What should I do?" She panic. "Call, yes, call someone." She pulls out her phone. But who? She didn't want to disturb Ana and Finley. "911!". Emilyn shouted and dialled the number. Her hands tapping on her lap as she waits for the

"Hello 911, what's your emergency?" The person said.

"My...My...grandma, she fainted on the floor. There is a faint heartbeat." Emilyn told the officers with a wavier in her voice.

"Ms, I would like you to take a deep breath first." Emilyn listens to her and takes a deep breath. "Now, what happened?"

"I don't know. I just saw her on the floor when I came through the door."