Chapter 20

"Wow, wow." A voice and a slow clapped sounded through the track. Both Emilyn and Christopher turns around to find out who is it. Emilyn stared at the entrance at the two figures in the dark trying to figure out who is it.

"How do you know I'm here?" Christopher sigh. Emilyn turns to Christopher, he knows who they are?

"It wasn't difficult, if you are not at home, your parents' house or the office, then you are here." Finally, the two figures appear in the light. It was Pierce and Jax. "What are you doing here? And also with her." Jax cocked his head in Emilyn's direction.

"I have an interview, so I pick this place." Christopher reply. Both of them nod with an amused face. "What?" Christopher asked.

"We were observing and were wondering why were you going so slow?" Pierce chuckled. Slow? Emilyn frowned. How is that slow,? she is about to fall out of her seat.

"Yeah, I thought you go faster than that," Jax said with a smirk on his face."I get it." Pierce snapped his fingers. "He's going slow for Emilyn." Jax exchanges knowing looks with Pierce and smirks, "So, Miss. Emilyn. How was it?" Pierce asked with an eyebrow raise with a grin.

Christopher stands in front of Emilyn, blocking her view from them. Emilyn peaks her head out to the side to answer but was interrupt by Christopher. "Stop bothering her, what are you guys doing here?"

"We have nothing to do, so we want to hang with you," Pierce replies. "So, what are guys doing next?"

"Christopher, how about a race? I'm sure Emilyn has never seen it before?" Jax said.

"Uhmm...I did." Emilyn steps to the side.

"You did?" Jax asked, tilting his head to the side. "When? Where?"

"I came to one of the races here a month ago," Emilyn told them.

"Really?" I never see you as the type who comes to this game. You look like the one who will stay at home and watch reruns all day." Jax said. Emilyn eyes grew wide, is she that easy to see through?

"Enough questions, are you guys here to race or not," Christopher raises his voice and his face tighten.

"Chill, we are getting to know her." Jax pat Christopher on the shoulder. "Let's do this thing," Jax shouted and head to one of those closed garage doors with Pierce.

Christopher turns to face Emilyn "I'm sorry about them, I didn't know that they will be here." He apologizes.

"No, is fine." Emilyn gave him a small smile. "Your friends bring out a lively atmosphere"

Christopher tilts his head to the side and scrunches his eyebrow, "Are you saying that I bore you?"

"No, No." Emilyn stammered. "I didn't mean it like that, I mean that..."

He chuckles, "I'm teasing you." Emilyn places her hand on her hips and glare at him. "Sorry." Christopher pout and places both hands on her shoulder.

Emilyn gave him a smile to tell him that she's not mad at him. The end of the lips tug into a smile when he saw her smile, "Go and get a seat up there, you'll get a better view." Emilyn nod and head to the bleachers.

Christopher watches as Emilyn walked towards the stand. He looks in the distance and saw his two friends watching him. He jogs over to them and asked, "What?"

"You like her, don't you," Pierce asked.

"Mind your own business," Christopher told him.

"Come on, Christopher.  It had been so long since we see you look at a girl like that." Jax said. "The way you look at her, I've never seen it before in your other relationship."