Chapter 49

"Ms Walker." Doctor Rodriguez stopped Emilyn.

"Doctor Rodriguez, hi." Emilyn turns around and greets him. "Is there something wrong?"

"No, I just want to inform you that someone wants to see you."

"Here? In the hospital?" Emilyn furrowed her eyebrows, he nods. With a curious mind, Emilyn follows Doctor Rodriguez to his office. He opens the door, and someone turns around behind the desk. Is him.

Doctor Rodriguez left excuses himself and left them alone in his office, "Please take a seat." He said.

"Mr Evans, if you are here to talk to me about me leaving your son. I'll be leaving." Emilyn places her hand on the doorknob.

"You need a donor right? I have what you need," he said. Emilyn hand froze on the doorknob and turn around to face him.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

Mr Evans leans forward and places his hand into a triangle formation on the table, "I've got a donor which matches your grandma." Emilyn hand on the doorknob fell and Mr Evans smile grew wider, he knew he got her attention.

"Okay, so what's the deal?" Emilyn asked, knowing he'll not give it to her easily.

With a side tug on his lips, he said, "If you leave my son, I'll give you the information of the donor and your grandma will be saved. Also, I'll cover the surgery fees."

"Why are you doing this? Why do you want me to leave your son so badly?" Emilyn asked.

"To tell you the truth, I'm not fond of you. With your status in the world and ..."

Emilyn interrupts him, "My status in the world has nothing to do with dating Christopher."

"What can you bring to my family? If you date my son, can you elevate his status even more?" Emilyn scrunched her eyebrows at his sentence. "You have no asset to be in my family or to Christopher's life."

"I'm sorry if I don't have any 'special assets' for you." She quote. "I have no other intentions towards your son. I love your son only for him, not anything else."

"Alright, let me tell you something." Mr Evans leans back on the chair. "I'll give you three days to think about it. Take my offer and leave my son or don't take my offer and your grandma dies." Emilyn narrowed her eyes at him and clenched her hands into a fist.

"Thank you for the offer." Emilyn showed him a small smile and unclenches her fist. " but I won't take it," She said firmly and open the door.

"You still have three days to decide." Mr Evans said before she left the office.

***

"Hi, is Mr Evans in?" Emilyn asked when she presses the intercom, the wall beside the tall black gate.

"State your business." The voice said sternly.

"I'm here to see Mr Evans, tell him Emilyn Walker is here to see him."

"Ms, you don't have an appointment with Mr Evans. So, I kindly ask you to leave this area.