Chapter 26

"Excuse me, does anyone work here?" A customer call from the front. Emilyn race to the counter and saw a familiar face. "Pierce?"

"Emilyn." He takes a step back, "you are working here now?" He asked. "I thought you work in a journalism company?"

"I still do, but this is another part-time job," Emilyn told him.

"But is really late now." Pierce lifts his arm to look at his watch, "Is it already 12 midnight and you are still working? What time do you get off?"

"It opens until 1 am, somewhere around 1:30?" Emilyn reply.

"Does Christopher know about this?" He asked.

Emilyn frown at his question, "Why does Christopher need to know about this? We are not dating, we are just friends." she stated.

"Uhmm..." Pierce scratches his hair. "Doesn't matter, can I order?"

"Sure, what would you like?"

"A black coffee, one latte, and 2 ham and cheese sandwich." He order.

"Okay, that will be $12.90." Pierce passes Emilyn the cash and she gave him the receipt. "Your order will be in 10 minutes." He nods, waiting at the counter. "Are you guys working late?"

"Yeah, Christopher just got a huge deal and we are trying to get it signed." He answers.

"Do you guys normally work this late?"

"Sometimes, you know how demanding Christopher can be. He wants, what he wants and it has to be perfect." Pierce groaned.

"I know, he told me." Emilyn chuckle.

"You guys seem close, you seem to know these thing about him." Pierce question.

"Close I'm not sure, we just met a month ago."

"Trust me, he doesn't reveal this to the other girls he dated within a month," Pierce said. "Mostly some found out and decide to break up with him due to his overachiever behavior. Saying that he doesn't spend enough time with them." He quoted. "Annoying right?"

"I don't know?" Emilyn shrug. "Orders up." The bell rings, she head over to the opening and take the bag of order. "Here you go." Emilyn places it on the counter.

"Thank you." Pierce checks the bag, "You know, you are the first girl I've ever have a decent conversation with."

"What do you mean?" Emilyn scrunched her eyebrow.

"Mostly, I'll skip the talking and more of the wooing."

"I see. A player right?" Emilyn said.

"Right." He winks and Emilyn laugh. "I should get going now, don't want Christopher to kill me."

"I'm pretty sure he won't."

"If it was you, then he won't kill you." Emilyn chuckles and shakes her head.

"Oh no, the devil is calling." He took out his phone ringing.

"You better go now."

Pierce nods, "If you don't see me, remember to report to the police that Christopher Evans kill me."

"Sure, I will, and promise me not to tell Christopher a thing." He held up an okay symbol with his hand and left.

***

THE START OF THE WEEKDAY

"What do you guys want to eat? Andrew asks Emilyn and Savannah.