Chapter 32

"Grandma." Emilyn yawns and stretches her arms in the air, dragging her feet on the floor; walking into the living room.

"Got a good nap." Grandma Lou asked, sitting in the living room reading a magazine.

"Yeah, those kids have drained all of my energy." Emilyn sat down on the couch next to her. "What are we eating tonight?" She asked.

"Sloppy Joe with less sodium obviously." Grandma Lou said. "I've already got the meat simmering now, it should be ready soon." All of a sudden the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." Emilyn got up from the couch. Opening the door, to someone who she hasn't seen for two weeks.

"Hi." He said, Emilyn immediately slam the door on him.

"Who was it?" Grandma Lou asked.

"Just nobody."

"How could there be no one there?" Grandma Lou asked. Then, why would they ring our doorbell."

"Is just no one, don't open the door," Emilyn told her.

Meanwhile, at the other side of the door. Christopher just witnesses a door slam right in front of him. He was shocked at how Emilyn reacted. He rings the bell once more and hopes that she doesn't slam the door in his face again.

"Christopher?" Grandma Lou opens the door. "Do you want to come in?" She asked.

"Yeah, I would love to," Christopher said and step into the house.

"So, what can I do for you today?" Grandma Lou asked.

"Uhmm...I actually came here to talk to Emilyn. I haven't seen her for 2 weeks."

"Right, She really seems upset this past two weeks." Grandma Lou told him.

"Can I talk to her?" Christopher asked.

"Of course." Grandma Lou nods. "Where did she go?" She turns around facing the couch. "She was here before I open the door." She frowns. "I think she went to her room, come on." Grandma Lou leads Christopher to Emilyn's room. "Emilyn." Grandma Lou knocks on the door and slightly opens the door. "Christopher is here."

"I don't want him here, I told you not to open the door," Emilyn said, facing the wall of her room.

"Just talk to her." Grandma Lou said softly and back away from the room, leaving Christopher standing in front of Emilyn's slightly open door.

"I'm coming in," Christopher announce as he pushes the door a little more.

"Go away!" Emilyn throws a pillow at Christopher.

Christopher caught the pillow before it can hit him and asked, "What's wrong?" He walks slowly towards her.

Emilyn turns her head in Christopher's direction and said, "You became MIA for two weeks, leaving me a simple text message not explaining why, and now you want to grace me with your presence?" She frowns. "You tell me if I'm not upset." Emilyn crosses her arms.

"I'm sorry but I have a reason to explain what happen." Christopher walks closer to Emilyn and crouches down in front of her bed. "Just listen to me, I'll explain everything to you." He looks up at her, but Emilyn looks the other way.

"Okay, explain to me," Emilyn said in a soft tone, still facing the wall.

"The reason I've been MIA is that someone has stolen information from my company and stolen some money. They hacked into my company's computers, so that's why I have to be incognito for a while. The security team gave me 10 minutes to inform my family and including you." Christopher explain.