Chapter 43

"Are you going to alright by yourself? Do you need me to call anyone to stay over with you?" Emilyn asked.

"I'll be fine. You go ahead with your trip." Grandma Lou said. "Go and have fun. Is your first time out of the country, enjoy."

"Alright, I'll miss you, grandma." Emilyn hugs her.

"I'll miss you too." She breaks the hug. "So, when is Christopher coming to get you?

"He is here already," Emilyn said

"What? And you still standing here? Go, don't make him wait." Grandma Lou chased her out the door.

"He is coming to get me," Emilyn told her

"Why didn't you tell me?" Grandma Lou place both arms at the side of her hip

"I would if you didn't push me out the door," Emilyn said. "And why are you in a rush pushing me out? What are you hiding?" She squints her eyes at her grandma.

"Nothing, why would you think an old lady like me going to do anything."

"I don't know?" Emilyn shrug.

"Hey, guys." Emilyn turned around to the voice.

"Christopher, you're finally here." Grandma Lou said. "Please take her away."

Christopher chuckled and said, "okay?" He takes her luggage in his hand. "Are you ready to go?" He asked.

"Yup, just let me do something first," Emilyn told him. "Grandma, I'm going. Take care of yourself and remember to take your medicine."

"Alright, alright, I know. I'm not a baby." Grandma Lou groaned and shook her head.

"I'll miss you." Emilyn gave her one last hug.

"And so will I." Grandma Lou pats her back before letting go. "Remember to bring back some snacks and souvenirs." Emilyn nods and waves bye.

When they reached outside of the apartment, Gabe is waiting for them.
"Here you go Ms," Gabe open the door for her.

"Thanks, Gabe, but you can call me Emilyn." He gave her a nod, and she slides into the back seat.

"Okay, Gabe let's go." Christopher slides in next to her.

"Are you excited?" He asked.

"Yup, absolutely. I can't wait." Emilyn said with a bright smile on her face. Once they arrived at the airport, Christopher leads her to another entrance. "Where are we going?" Emilyn asked him.

"Just follow me." He smiled. Emilyn let him pulled her to an unknown area. When he stopped, she furrowed her eyebrows, "what are we doing here?" Emilyn looks around, and there's only two people or three sitting on the chair.

"We are taking my private plane." He said.

"We are?" Emilyn mouth is open agape, she is shocked. "Serious?"

"Yeah, look over there." He points to the window with a plane in the distance. "That's my plane.

"Oh wow, is beautiful." Emilyn gasped.

"The rest are here already, we can start boarding the plane." He said, walking towards the sitting area.

"Ana? Finley?" Emilyn said. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Your boyfriend invited us," Ana said.

"Oh my god, I'm so glad you are here." Emilyn hugs her.

They break the hug and Emilyn turn to Christopher and thank him. "Why didn't you tell me?"