Chapter 53

2 Months Later

"Last but not least, I would like to announce the new assistant editor," Taylor announced. "Pretty impressive work, you guys; I was disappointed with a certain someone who I have expected to see her work, but..." Taylor continues. "Anyways, everyone congratulates Savvanah, you are the new assistant editor." Everyone clapped.

Everyone congratulate Savvanah; Emilyn saw Taylor in the front gesturing to follow her. So, Emilyn follows her out of the meeting room and into Taylor's office.

"You know Emilyn I am disappointed that you didn't turn your article in," Taylor said as soon as Emilyn sat down on the chair in front of Taylor.

"What do you mean?" Emilyn asked, confused.

"Emilyn, you didn't turn in your assigned article."

"I didn't?" Emilyn scrunched her eyebrows. "No, no way." She shakes her head in disbelief.

"Look." Taylor turned the screen so that Emilyn can see. "These are the emails I've received for the assigned article." Taylor scrolls through her email.

"Stop at Savvanah's email," Emilyn said. Taylor stops at Savvanah's email and clicks on it. "That's weird; her email should have my article in it too. Unfortunately, there's only one folder, which is hers." Emilyn said to herself.

"What's wrong?" Taylor asked.

"Nothing." Emilyn covered her expression with a smile. "I'm sorry, I didn't send in my article. I probably forget to send it to you."

"I'm really disappointed Emilyn, I was looking forward to reading your article. That position would be yours." Taylor told her. "But there will always be next time."

"Yeah," She said softly. "I should go now," Emilyn stood from her seat and headed out of the office.

"Emilyn there you are," Andrew spotted me in front of Taylor's office. "We are going to have a celebratory dinner for Savvanah."

"Uhm...I'm sorry. I can't join you guys. Christopher has this special dinner reservation for tonight." Emilyn lied. "You guys go ahead."

"Oh, okay," Andrew said and left.

Emilyn walks to her desk; when she spotted Savvanah, she called her name. Savvanah turns around with a smile plaster on her face. "Did you send in my article with yours?" Emilyn asked.

"I did, why?" Savvanah asked innocently.

Emilyn scoff, "If you did, how come when Taylor showed me your email. There's only one folder which is yours." Emilyn crossed her arms in front of her. "Why did you do that? I thought we are friends."

"Friends?" Savvanah scoff. "You should say, fake friends."

"Savvanah why?" Emilyn asked, frowning.

"All this time, you are always been the one who gets everything. Andrew didn't notice me before you got here. We weren't even friends." Savvanah continues. "You got the guy, the famous, rich, handsome, millionaire Christopher Evans. When I found out that Taylor has this assignment, I begged her for it. But no, she gave it to you." Savvanah spat out.  "That person should be me." She points her thumb to her chest.

"If Taylor didn't favor you, that assignment will be mine and Christopher Evans would be mine." Savvanah voice grew louder.

"I didn't do that interview with Christopher Evans to make him fall for me," Emilyn told her. "If he doesn't like me as who I am, we wouldn't be together."

Savvanah scoffs, "Whatever, I'm over it. Now I got the position that you wanted, I feel great." Savvanah let out a small laugh. "Keep up the good work getting drinks for the team." Savvanah pushes past Emilyn shoulders as she walks by her.