Chapter 39

"Did you see this?" Ana asked as she sat beside Emilyn in the hospital. Ana. "It said that Christopher brought a hot date to the gala last night."

"Who is that girl?" Emilyn asked, leaning towards Ana and staring at the picture on the phone, the way her hands wrap around Christopher makes Emilyn irritated and want to strangle her.

"Holly Fair, one of the successful business owners," Ana told her. "What is she doing with him? Why didn't he ask you to go with him?"

"He did, I just didn't want to go." Emilyn lean back into her seat

"Why?" She asks furrowing her eyebrows.

"If I go, everyone will know I'm his girlfriend. I can't do that." Emilyn shakes her head.

"Why not? You guys have been dating for like 2, 3 months. What's the big deal?"

"The deal is I hate being photograph by people and then they can go display all my pictures on magazines or social media," Emilyn explain.

"But you were photograph before when you were with me, remember," Ana said.

"Yeah, I know. But they didn't capture my face clearly and no one talks about me." Emilyn said. "But this time if go, I'm going to display all over the news as Christopher Evans's new girl." She sigh. "The thought about it is just." She sighs even louder.

"Did he tell you he is bringing a plus one, who is her?"

Emilyn shakes her head, "after that night, we didn't talk at all."

"No messages, no phone calls?" Emilyn shakes her head. "Weird, if I remember you said once that he'll have to see you every day."

Emilyn sigh, "that's because we got into an argument about the gala topic."

"What did you say to piss him off?" She asked.

"I just said that I should be kept as a secret and he retaliates saying that he a girl ask if he or she can come over, he can agree to it."

Ana gasp, "Then what you said?"

"Of course I said no. But he says why not, I'm single to the public eye anyway." Emilyn said. "Then he kisses me and said that he hopes that was photographed."

"Oh dear, do you think anyone saw that?" Ana covers her mouth with her hand.

"I don't know." Emilyn runs her fingers through her hair. "I didn't spot anyone, I see no one around."

"You know those paparazzi are very good at hiding, you'll never know that they are right there until the pictures are up on social media or the magazines," Ana told her.

"I know, I just hope no one saw it."

"So what are you going to do with Christopher? I think you pissed him off."

"I know I did and he said all those stuff to just make it worse." Emilyn said, plucking on the loose thread at the end of her shirt. "he did tell me that he wants the public to know about us, but I kept saying that is not the right time and he gets frustrated."

"I mean, I get him." Ana starts. "Keeping a relationship hidden for so long is difficult. He got to disguise himself in hats, sunglasses, and mask to be with you. Christopher has already sacrificed so much for you."

"I know, I didn't even let him walk me to my door." Emilyn let out a small laugh.

"You don't" Ana was flabbergasted. "No wonder he burst out."

"What am I suppose to do? Someone in the elevator sort of had an idea of him the first time."

"Oh my sweet angel Emilyn," Ana put her hand on Emilyn's shoulder and shake her head. "You should fix this."