Chapter 40

"Christopher Evans!" One of the reporters points out. Everyone including Emilyn turns their heads. "Christopher Evans any comments about your relationship with Ms Walker."

"Follow me." He whisper into Emilyn's ear when he reached her. He grabs her hands and pulls her out of the crowd with Gabe in front of him, pushing the reporters away to make a path for them.

"I'll head up with Emilyn for a while, you stay around until I call you." He told him and proceed to pull her to the elevator.

"Christopher, why are you here for?" Emilyn asked while they wait for the elevator.

"What do you think?" He asked. "Of course to save your butt." The elevator arrives and they got in.

"no, what I mean is why are you following me up to my office?"

"I got something to talk to your supervisor."

"What is it?" Emilyn asked.

"I will tell you later." He said and got out of the elevator as it reaches her floor, pulling her out with him. The whole office stood up or some just standing at their desk and stare at them as they walked by. Christopher knocks on Taylor's door, they got in when she granted entry.

"Ahh, the two famous talk of the town. What can I do for you?"

"You want news? I got it for you." Christopher said. Emilyn turns to look at Christopher with a frown.

"I'm listening."

"I'll give you the story on my relationship with Emilyn."

"And why would you do want me to reveal your relationship between you two? Why not another magazine?"

"Do you want the story or not?" He said.

"Sure, how do you want to do this? A sit-down interview or just tell me the story and I'll put it into writing for you."

"Is anyone going to ask about my input?" Emilyn said, interrupting their conversation. "Have you ask if I want this?"

"Sorry, Emilyn. What do you want?" Taylor asked turns her attention towards Emilyn.

"I don't want to tell anything to the public."

"Not this again." Christopher softly mumbled and run his hand through his hair.

Taylor senses the tension between them, "Uhm...I'll give you guys some time to discuss." Taylor got out of her seat and left the office.

Christopher starts as soon as the door shut, "We been over this Emilyn, but now the situation is different. They caught us with photos and you still decide to keep it a secret." Emilyn huff and cross her hands in front of her. "Can you please don't be so stubborn? The only thing to do now is, to tell the truth. If you don't have a better idea, we will go with mine." They stare at each other, Christopher trying to read what she is thinking and Emilyn trying to read what he is thinking. "Is this because of some other reason?"

"What reason?" Emilyn asked.

"I don't know you tell me." He grumbled.

"I don't know what you mean." She frowns.

"Is there another guy?"

"Guy? What guy?"

Christopher groan, "last week when we waited for your grandma to wake up from her surgery, I woke you up and you said a name rist." He said. "Who is rist or what is rist?"

"Rist? What's that? I've never heard of anything like that." Emilyn scrunched her eyebrows. "Did I really say it?"

"Yes you did, who is he?"