Chapter 38

"Hey." The door opens, revealing Ana.

"Finally, you're here." She steps aside to let Emilyn in.

"Where's Finley? Did he cook tonight?" She asked looking into the living room, but couldn't spot him.

"He's somewhere around the house and yes he cooked." Ana chuckles. Emilyn made her way straight to the kitchen to find pots and oven on. She peers into the oven, "is Mac and cheese." She cheered.

"And you never guess what he made for dessert," Ana said. She tilts her head to the side. "Guess is one of your favorites."

Emilyn thought for a while and came to a conclusion, "is it chocolate mousse?" Ana nods her head. "Really, oh my god. I love Finley chocolate mousse."

"Yeah, he made all your favorite food." Ana pout.

"Oh come on," Emilyn put her arm around her shoulder. "He still loves you the most."

"I don't think so, he loves you the most. Always spoiling you with good foods." Ana presses one finger lightly on Emilyn's forehead.

"What did he buy for you?" Emilyn asked.

"How you know?" A smile creeps onto Ana's face.

"Uhm...how long have we known each other." Emilyn raises one of her eyebrows. "I know he'll buy something for you every outstation trip. What did he get you this time?"

"He got me, my all-time favorite bath soaps and lotions." She gushed. "And the books I ask him to get me."

"See, I told you he loves you too."

"Yeah, yeah I know."

"Ana are you keeping watch of the Mac and cheese, I don't want Emilyn to get here to find her favorite food ruin." Finley finally walks into the kitchen.

"Finley!" Emilyn shouted and rushed to hug him. "You are finally back."

"Hi, Em." He hugs her back.  "I got you a gift."

"Really?" She pulls away from the hug. "What is it?"

"I'll give it to you after dinner. But first I got to check on the food."

"Babe, I told you I had my eye on it," Ana grumbles. "I'm not going to burn down anything." Emilyn snickers watching them.

"Hey, what's happening?" A familiar deep voice said next to her. She turns to her left and Christopher is standing next to her.

"Christopher!" Emilyn steps to the side to make sure he is really here. "What are you doing here?"

"I called him over," Finley said taking the Mac and cheese out.

"Why?" She frowns.

"Is man business, nothing for a little girl to worry about," Finley said.

"Why can't I know, this is so weird," She said. "Do you that he's here the whole time?" She asked Ana.

"Yeah." She nods her head.