Chapter 16

"Okay, Ms. Walker. That's all for today, we will get back to you in a month or a few weeks." The nurse said. Emilyn nodded, thanking the nurse for her time before gathering her things and left the hospital.

Getting your blood check, checking your blood pressure, going through tons of checkups can be tiring. Emilyn walked to the park near the hospital and sat on the bench. She sighs. Emilyn places her hands on her head; she thinks about the possibility of what could happen if she isn't a match.

The sound of her phone ringtone sound, and she picked it up without looking at the caller ID, "Hello?"

"Emilyn, can you come over? I need help." It Is Ana on the line.

"Okay, I'll be there soon." Emilyn ends the call. With heavy steps, she took a cab to Ana's apartment.

"Hey." Ana greeted when she opened the door.  Ana take one look at Emilyn and knows, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm just tired." Emilyn yawns.

"Come in." Ana steps aside to let Emilyn walk into her apartment. "Now, tell me what's wrong?" Ana asked as they sat on the couch.

Emilyn sigh, "I just went and do a check-up to see if my liver is compatible with my grandma's. The nurse says I got to wait for a month or a few weeks."

"Don't worry, everything will be okay. If it is not compatible then there's always another way." Ana rubs soothingly on Emilyn's back. "If you need help, I'll be glad to help you."

"Thanks, Ana." Emilyn hugs her.

"Okay, enough of this sadness. You have to be strong no matter the consequences." Ana said. "Sometimes, we don't know what will happen in the future. We just have to accept it." Ana comforts Emilyn.

"Now, let's get this off your mind for a while. Let's talk about my wedding." Ana took out a few bridal books. 

Emilyn smiles; a good change would be good for her. Whatever happens, happens. Emilyn just got to accept it and find another way to solve it. 

"So, I was thinking that you'll be my maid of honor." Ana asked.

"Aww, I'll be honored," Emilyn reply. "So, any thought about your wedding dress?"

"Uhm...I've picked out some designs. I would like a heart shape neckline, the dress to fit my figure. Nothing poofy." Ana describes.

"Seems, like you got your option ready." Emilyn laughed.

"Don't joke about it, I still got a lot to plan. From the venue, the dates, the invitation, the food, the cake, and many more." Ana list everything out. "All these things are making my head hurts." Ana places a hand on her head and shake.

"Don't worry, I'll help you through it one by one," Emilyn ssured her.

"Thanks." Ana gave a warm smile. "So, is there anything going on between you and Christopher? You have the first interview with him, yesterday, right?"Ana raises an eyebrow, and the corner of her lips turn upward.

"Yes." Emilyn answer hesitantly. "And nothing else happen," Emilyn sigh. "Is just a normal interview. Why do you got to know everything about Christopher Evans and me? I told you nothing will ever happen."

"Oh, come one. I'm pretty sure there's a little something-something." Ana said.

"Well, after the interview he took me to lunch and he drops me off at my apartment," Emilyn told her.

"So this is what you call nothing." Ana smirks.

"And before he left, he asks me to accompany him to his brother's wedding next weekend."