Chapter 52

Emilyn woke up earlier than Christopher; she watches as his chest rose and a little snore sounded. Even though he is asleep, you can see how stress he is, with a frown between his eyebrow.

Emilyn traces her index finger from his nose to the side of his jaw and smile. She can't believe he was all hers. She snickers as she thought about how her life was before she met Christopher.

"What are you laughing at?" Christopher opens his eyes.

"Nothing, just that you have grown a stubble."

"You don't like it?" Christopher brushes his chin against her neck.

"No, it tickles." She pushes him away.

"Did you sleep well?" Christopher places a kiss on Emilyn's forehead.

"Yeah." Emilyn snuggles into Christopher's chest.

"Hey, I want to ask you something." He said.

"What is it?" Emilyn looks up from his chest.

"What do you think about moving in with me?" Christopher asked. "I just think that it would be nice to have a change in environment."

"Okay." Emilyn immediately agrees.

"I mean if you don't want to I'm not going to force you." But, Christopher continues, he didn't hear what Emilyn just said.

"I said okay."

"What? Really?" Christopher asked in surprise. He knows Emilyn doesn't agree that easily.

"Yeah, like you said a change in environment," Emilyn said. "So when?"

"Today?"

"Alright, I'll get packing." She detached herself from Christopher and slides out of bed.

"Hold up, what's going on?" Christopher sits up from the bed.

"What do you mean what's going on? I'm going to pack."

Christopher narrowed his eyes at her, "why are you not arguing about this? Usually, I have to coax you and persuade you; giving you multiple reasons to reason with." Christopher said.

"I think you are being reasonable, so there's no point of talking about it," Emilyn told him. "I'm going to go pack now." She walks away from the bed.

"Stop," Christopher said, and Emilyn stops in her steps. "Come back here."

"What?" Emilyn walks back to her original position. Christopher gets out of bed and sits at the edge of the bed, pulling Emilyn closer to him that she is standing in between his leg.

"Something is wrong, tell me."

"Why would you think something is wrong? Nothing is wrong." Emilyn places her hands on his shoulder.

"Tell me Emilyn." He said sternly.

A few seconds of staring until Emilyn gave up. "Fine, I'll tell you." Christopher waited patiently for her. "I heard what you said last night on the phone with your mum."

"I'm sorry that I cause you so much trouble and I didn't know that I made you so frustrated and sad," Emilyn said. "You have to take care of my feelings and your job. I'm sorry that I made your life difficult."

"Angel..."

"I'm not done yet." Emilyn shushes him. "I didn't want you to feel more stress, so to make you happy again; I'll do whatever it takes."

"Angel, you don't have to do that. I don't want to force you if moving in with me just to make me happy.

"No, I want to." Emilyn stops him. "Not only do I want you to have a smile on your face again, I want to move in with you." She continues. "Like you say a new environment will probably do me good."