Chapter 14

Previously on the last chapter...

"Hey, you know I saw." She smirks. Emilyn knitted her eyebrows together, "I saw the interaction between you and Christopher." Ana wiggles her eyebrow.

"What interaction?" Emilyn asked while grabbing more things from the bag.

"When you look at him and he stares back at you." Ana grins.

"What? You are being delusional." Emilyn rolled her eyes and placed the last item on the shelf.

"I saw it." Ana wiggles her eyebrow again. "You just can't see it, he's into you."

"Yeah right." Emilyn brushes the comment off. "Why would he be interested in me?"

"Why not?" She frowns. "you're pretty, kind, smart, and a wonderful friend. One more thing, you are a talented writer."

"Thank you for that compliment, can we just go eat. I'm hungry."

"Okay, let's go."

                                                                                                ***

"Dinner is ready," Emilyn called out. Everyone from their living room got up from their seat and made their way into the kitchen.

"Yes!" Food!" Finley shouted and raised both his hands to cheer. Emilyn laughs and shakes her head at his action.

"I guess you have met Finley," Emilyn asked Christopher.

"Yeah."

"Let me introduce you to my best friend...." Before Emilyn can introduce Ana to him, he said, "Anastasia Conner. Am I right?"

"You know me?" Ana asked.

"Yeah, last year at one of your parents' ball. You are Cameron Conner and Allegra Kings daughter right?"

"Yup, those are indeed my parents' names." She gave a semi smile. "But please call me Ana. I hate that name, Anastasia." She groaned.

"Okay, Ana." Christopher takes out his hand for her to shake, and she gladly accepts it.

"Let's eat, the food is going to get cold." Grandma Lou said, and we took our seats. Finley obviously took a seat next to Ana and Grandma Lou at the head of the table, which leaves Emilyn sitting next to Christopher.

"So, tell me more about how you propose, Finley," Grandma asked.

"You guys are engaged?" Christopher asked

"Yeah," Ana replied and showed him the ring. Christopher congratulates them, and Finley continues telling his story.

He told the whole journey of what they did, "I also would like to add, Emilyn also help me with the decoration." He said. "Thanks for the decoration, they are beautiful."

"Thanks for mentioning me, I thought you are going to take all the credit. Since Ana didn't know that I help too." Emilyn said.

"Sorry, I forget to tell her." Finley apologizes. "But since I saw you sulking in your seat, so I think I should thank you." Finley snicker.

"Hey!" Emilyn crossed her arm and pout. "I don't sulk. Take that back or I'll tell Ana your secret."

Finley stops laughing and froze. Emilyn gave him a smirk. "What secret?" Ana asked.