Chapter 35

"So here are the files that you have to organize." Christopher places a whole stack of unorganized files with stacks of paper on top and inside the files.

"What?" Emilyn said looking at all the files in shock, flicking through the files and the stack of paper. "So many."

"No whining and get to work," Christopher said.

Emilyn frowns and studies the stack of files and papers first. She has no clue how to do this, which one goes where? Where should she start?

"Christopher help," Emilyn call out to him, helplessly. He turns his attention from the computer to her. "Where should I start?"

He glances at the files, "Pile the papers which have the date 2019 and then get a new file to organize them into different parts."

"Would you care to tell me what are the different parts?" She asked.

Christopher sighs and took a paper to write it down. He passes it to her, "see that isn't so hard." Emilyn took the paper from him. "If it is so tiring then why ask me to help you." She rolled her eyes, separating the stack of papers.

"I'm sorry, is not that I'm frustrated with you." He said. "Is just that I don't do stuff like this explaining every single detail to people." He explains. "Mostly, they understand with one single word or there is a supervisor to teach the others."

"But you should expect to explain it in detail to me, I don't belong in your company," Emilyn told him.

"I know," Christopher said. "Just come to me when you don't understand okay?" She nods and gets back to work. After a long eyesore sorting, she finally finishes. "Christopher, where do I get files to store these?"

"Try to find it outside, there should be a cupboard where my secretary stores unused files," Christopher told her. She got up from her seat and head to find those files.

In the midst of finding, someone called her name, "Emilyn." She quickly turns around to see who is it.

"Pierce? What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I should ask you this question."

"I'm working for Christopher," Emilyn told him. He scrunches his eyebrow confused, "I quit my cafe job and I'm now helping Christopher on Saturday."

"I see." He nods. "What are you finding for?"

"Have you seen some empty files around here?" Emilyn asked, looking through the drawers and shelves.

"I think is somewhere around here." Pierce opens the cabinet behind her and digs through it. "Here you go." He pulls out a box. "Is a little dusty, but is still usable."

"Thanks." Emilyn scrunches her eyebrows and sweeps some dust away. "Do you know where are the stationaries? Such as tapes, labels, glue. etc." Her nose wrinkle as the dust flew away.

"Oh, right here." took another box out of the cabinet.

"can you stack it up on top?" She asked.

"Are you sure you can carry it?" He asked with an eyebrow raise. Emilyn nods. Pierce hesitantly looks at her and stacks it up.

"Lead the way," She told him. Pierce walks in front of her and makes sure that she doesn't trip on anything on the way to the office.

"Careful," Pierce said, holding the door open for her.

"What in the world is going on?" Emilyn heard Christopher said as she walks into the room, taking the top box from her

"Hi," Emilyn said with a smile.