Chapter 9

Emilyn is working on a small plan for the interview, just in case plan A fails. Then, she remembers something; she totally forgets that she has to update Taylor on her project.

She got up from her chair immediately and head to Taylor's office, but stop in her steps when she sees Taylor walking towards her desk.

"Hey, Taylor. I'm about to find you." Emilyn told Taylor when Taylor stop in front of Emilyn.

"Emilyn, I expect a report every week. This is our biggest interviewee. We got to make it perfect." Taylor said.

"I'm sorry, but I got something to report to you," Emilyn said quickly. Taylor nods, and Emilyn takes it as a sign to continue, "So, I've spoken to Christopher Evans, and he agrees to do the interview. Just one small problem is that he hasn't mentioned what he's going to do for the interview yet."

"Have you...." Emilyn interjects Taylor.

"Yes, I've constantly kept tabs on him."

Taylor smiles and nods. "Excellent, I knew you are the one for this job. Keep up with the good work." She pats Emilyn's shoulder. "And always remember to update me every once a week," she said and left.

Emilyn let out a breath; thank goodness, She thought Taylor was about to kill or lecture her. Emilyn sat back down on my chair and twirled around.

Suddenly, she heard her name being shouted through the room; Emilyn quickly turn around to see Andrew running towards her.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Emilyn asked as Andrew reaches her desk, panting.

"Oh my god, I not doing that ever again." He pants heavily. Once he catches his breath, Emilyn asked again, "so what's wrong?"

"Look at this." He shows her the pictures in his hand. Emilyn frown; these pictures are of her and Christopher Evans. One is walking from his office to the restaurant, a few are Emilyn and him walking from the restaurant to my office, and the last one is both of them standing in front of the office building.

"What? How?" Emilyn question

"Em, you know Christopher Evans? Are you guys dating?" He asked

"No. This was when I went to his office about the interview, and he invites me to lunch, that's all." Emilyn explain. "But how did you get these?"

"I saw one of the writers writing an article on this. They even got the headline down. It is called Christopher Evans's new girlfriend?"

"What?" Emilyn was flabbergasted. "Andrew, you got to help me; this can't get out," She said with a worried tone.

"I'll try my best." He nodded and ran back to where he came from.

Emilyn slumped on her chair and sigh. She brushes a hand through her hair frustratedly.  How could she not be careful enough? What should she do now? These are all the questions running through her head.

"Should I call him?" Emilyn asked herself. Emilyn is contemplating on the idea. But, the picture includes Christopher too. She should let him know.

Her fingers hover above his number. Emilyn took a deep breath before pressing.

The phone rang twice before he answers, "So, have you decide to return my shirts?" He asked in a teasing tone.

"I have it, but it isn't about it," Emilyn explain everything to him. Christopher then told Emilyn that he'd come by to her office immediately and end the call.

Emilyn places her phone down and waits for him. Her legs bounce up and down, picking on her nails as she kept her eyes at the main entrance of her office.