Chapter 48

Every single day, Emilyn goes to the hospital and visit her grandma. Is the same routine every day, after work she will go to the hospital until Christopher comes to pick her up.

While walking toward the hospital, something click in my mind, Grandma Lou has been in and out of the hospital, and nothing change and she's getting worse every day. It has been two months and no recovery at all.

"Hi, Emilyn." Grandma Lou greets. Emilyn gave her a small smile and walk into the room. Grandma Lou is having her daily checkup.

"Hey, doctor Rodriguez I was planning to ask you about my grandma's condition," Emilyn said. "Since you are here, can we discuss it?"

"Sure, but after I finish my checkup with your grandma." He said. Emilyn nods her head and lets him do what he needs to do.

"It looks like your health is improving, but there is still that issue we talk about." He said.

"Issue? What issue?" Emilyn asked.

"Uhm..." Doctor Rodriguez looks at Grandma Lou and back to Emilyn.

Emilyn saw her grandma shook her head at the doctor. "What are you hiding from me?" She asked.

"It is nothing serious." Grandma Lou said.

"Then tell me the issue, if it is not that serious." Emilyn crossed her arm.

"I'm sorry, I'll let you guys talk it out. " The doctor said,

"No, stay. I want to know what is going on ." Emilyn turned to face her grandma and asked, "Grandma, what are you hiding from me?" She asked again.

"Nothing, nothing for you to worry about." Grandma Lou said.

"Then why are you and the doctor exchange glances when he talks about the issue?"

"Is just some minor things happening to my body like some abdominal pain."

"Right?" Emilyn narrowed her eyes at Grandma Lou.

"Tell me the truth grandma."

"Is true." Grandma Lou said.

"Fine, if you want to play the hard way," Emilyn said. "Doctor Rodriguez, what issue are you guys talking about?"

"I'm sorry, I couldn't tell you. We have a patient and doctor agreement."

"I'm one part of the patient, I'm her family. Don't I have the rights to know?" Emilyn places her hands on her hips and her lips pressed thinly.

"I suppose you do, but..." Doctor Rodriguez glances at Grandma Lou.

"But, she told you to not tell me," Emilyn said.

Doctor Rodriguez nods.

"Just tell me what's the problem." Emilyn urged, standing her ground. She is not giving up without a fight.

"I'm sorry Mrs Walker." Doctor Rodriguez apologizes and tells her.

"Are you serious?" Emilyn burst out in anger. "How could you keep this from me? How long do you want to keep this from me?" She shouted. The doctor excuses himself from the room.