deserveness

"See everyone was so glad to see you Koo..."
Jungkook just hummed, stuffing his hands on the pockets.
"Still-"
Before he begins Hasyeon hushed.
"We talked about this jungkook, no more argue" she said walking past him.
Jungkook sighed and phase up his foot to her.
It's true. Everyone was indeed glad to see him again. Even his bullies came right away to him asking what happened. Jungkook hesitated being scared they might make fun of his family too so he just spat that his mom is sick badly and hospitalized. He had to admit he was shocked. Tho they make fun of him, didn't changed the fact that he's the best student in the whole grade. That made everyone curious about his sudden vanishing. Yet he was highly blaming himself for having hasyeons help. He doesn't want to be a burden to her than already he is.
Both were walking towards the hospital to pay a visit to jungkook's mom. Jungkook felt sick just by seeing the glisten white building which he almost visits every day. He just wants to go home with his mom safely.
Hasyeon hit the elevator's button as jungkook stood behind her. He stares at her midnight hair. She was doing too much for him more than she thinks. Why is she doing this? Why is she still walking with him? Why she isn't leaving as everyone did? Is she has a little bit of feelings he has? Millions of thoughts ran through his head within a few seconds until the elevator door opened. They stepped towards his mother's room jungkoom opened the door slightly to take a peek.
A pair of dull black doe eyes met his hazel brown doe eyes.
"Oh, my boy! How's your day?" Mrs Jeon asked, happy as ever to see her only child.
"You are awake?" Jungkook asked, entering the room.
She giggled. "Why you looked so surprised? I was-" she stopped, once she saw a girl with the same color of her hair came into the room. She smiled instantly recognising her face, a heartful smile rose to her dry lips.
"This pretty young lady must be Hasyeon, you had grown up so much, honey. I'm sorry. Jungkook said you visited me a few times but unfortunately I was in sleep" 
Hasyeon stared at her for a while then smiled back walking towards her.
"It's nice to see you okay Mrs. jeon," she said feeling awkward for a moment, not knowing what to call her.
"Yeah bearly," she chuckled faintly, looking at the stringes glue to her body. "And Call me aunt sweetheart, no need to be formal"
Hasyeon giggled. "Yes, aunty..."
She sat next to her bed.
Jungkook smiled seeing them get along as they knew for years. The familiar feeling he always having come up to his heart again. Driving the butterflies inside him crazy. He was glad that she didn't disgust or hesitate to approach his mother. He was thankful.
"I'm going to the bathroom," jungkook announced, opening the door of the bathroom, earning a nod from both.
"Thank you"
Hasyeon turned her head to her. "Huh?"
"Thank you for being there for him, he needs it" Mrs Jeon grabbed her hands.
Hasyeon shook her head. "It's nothing. He had to been for me many times and this my time to repay" hasyeon replied, gripping tight to her.
"That child doesn't deserve to suffer. He's such a strong, talented boy. Because of my sins he has to go through all of this" She cracked. "I'm going to leave this world soon, I feel it. I wish it to be-"
Hasyeon squeezed her hands.
"Don't say that. You are the only family he got. He loves you a lot. He'll do anything for you aunt. So You have to fight for him. Please?" Jungkook's mother touched her cheek with tears in her eyes.
"Sorry for asking for this. I may sound selfish but you are his only hope. He always talks about you day and night. You are the only one he relates on. You know how stubborn he can be. Stand by his side always, please. If something happens to me you are the only one he has"
For the first time in year's she felt a mothers touch. Hasyeon felt her own eyes been pooled up. A woman like her doesn't deserve to suffer.
On the other hand, jungkook listening to his mothers and his lover's words. He can't help but to overhear the conversation.
Hasyeon got her hand from her cheek to her hands, cupping them tightly.
"I will and you'll be alright... I promise"

XXX

"I went there and- Hey earth to jungkook!"
Jungkook snapped out of his thoughts and looked down at her. "Ah?"
"You weren't listening all the time, didn't you? Where are you spacing out to?" She huffed, crossing her arms across her chest.
"Whatever let's just grab something... I have to-"
"Hasyeon," jungkook held her wrist.
Hasyeon glanced at her wrist then at him. His jet black bangs covering his eyes.
"Is everything alright?"
Jungkook breathed in. He has to say this. He has to confess his love to her before he's too late. It might ruin their friendship but he can't bare this either. Of course he doesn't want to lose her but at the same time He doesn't want to see anyone getting her away from him.
"I-I have to say you s-something" he shuttered, blurring out the words.
"Yes?"
He tightened his grip.
"I-I," he closed his eyes. "I lo-"
"HASYEON!" A voice called, making jungkooks eyes flutter open.
Hasyeon looked back to see Ji-eun along with sang-hae and iren.
"What are you guys doing here?" Hasyeon asked.
"Today's practice free~ we just came for shopping" Iren answered back showing the huge bags on her hands.
"I see"
"Wait wait hold on!" Ji-eun halted. "Are you two on a date?" She asked while frowning and pointing at jungkooks grip on hasyeons hand.
Jungkooks eyes widen and Hasyeon quickly snapped her hand back from him.
"No! We were just-"
"Ough, how dumb am I to think a school sweetheart like you to date someone like him-"
Before she more continues Sang-hae stomped her foot. She yelped in pain and glared at sang-hae who was already giving her a dead look.
Jungkook tight his fist. She was right. How can he think she'll accept a loser? His heart sank right at the moment hasyeon pulled her hand away from him. Is she ashamed of him? Is she just pitting him? No right?
Iren cleared her throat.
"We gotta go. Ahm... We still have lot to travel" she clung on to Ji-euns arm pulling her out of the scene.
"But wait! She can jo-" Ji-eun said, only to be hushed again.
"Bye hasyeon" Sang-hae waved at her then glanced at the poor boy who looking down with black bangs covering his face. Little did she know he likes her from the beginning sincerely. "Bye jungkook," she said, worried.
Jungkook didn't dare to look up. He just hangs his head low, biting his lips. He doesn't even deserve to stand next to her. How can he think about being the man for her when he even berely taking himself straight?
Bidding goodbye. Hasyeon twist to jungkook.
"What were you saying?"
Jungkook looked up plasting a fake smile. He shook his head.
"I forgot. Let's go or you'll be late. I need to get back to hospital too"
Hasyeon watched him then simply nodded before turning.
He bit his tongue, trying to endure the limp under his throat.
"I'll be worthy enough for you... Wait for me please..."
All he now cares for his mother. He has to save her.