The yellow rose

It was a warm summer night, and the park was almost deserted except  for a lone figure sitting on a bench. Jungkook sat on the bench, nervously, checking his phone for the time. It was already past 7.30pm and he has been sitting there for 30 minutes, debating with himself whether he should call Hasyeon or not. That's when Hasyeon called him and he finally mustered his courage to ask her to meet up. To tell her everything. To let out his frustration.

As he looked around, he noticed a few people walking their dogs in the distance, and the occasional car passing by on the road nearby. But other than that, it was just him and the quiet of the night.

After what seemed like an eternity, Jungkook saw a figure running towards him. It was Hasyeon. Her hair is mess and she was sweating all over as she approached Jungkook.

"Oh my god Kook finally! I was dying to see you since yesterday!" She said panting. 

Jungkook just nodded in response and signed Hasyeon to sit next to him. There was yellow rose beside him on the bench.

"A rose!" She took the rose to her hands and sat down next to him, smiling widely. "The symbol of friendship!"

She gave a slight pat on Jungkook's arm, "What's going on in your mind recently?"

Jungkook sighed. "You know that's not the only meaning a yellow rose hold" 

Hasyeon's smile started to fade away. She was confused. What's happening? Jungkook has an unusual coldness in his face, he is quite, he didn't smile, his hands are fidgeting, means he is stressed. His eyes wasn't shining when he saw Hasyeon. She noticed every single little difference of him. "What do you meaning?" she asked as she placed her hand on Jungkook's, hoping to calm him down. But he gently got his hands away, sighing again. As it was annoying.

"Yellow rose also symbolize  betrayal, break-up, end of a relationship" He said looking forward, holding a blank stare.

"Jungkook this joke is not funny anymore!" Hasyeon said standing up, looking down at him. She felt tears welled-up in her eyes, but she did her best to hold back her emotions.

"I'm not going to attend school anymore. I'm going to the USA next week, to my uncle." his voice was plain, cold, emotionless. 

Hasyeon felt a lump form in her throat. "What are you talking about?" She knelt down to Jungkook's eye level, "I know something is bohering you. Just tell me what it is? Mm? I will help you with anything" She gave a gentle squeeze to his arm.

Jungkook jerked away her hand and got up making hasyeon almost fell on the ground. "How are you going to help me? With your brother's damn money?! Shame on him! He thinks everything can solve with his money."

The limit of Hasyeon's patience was over, she got up throwing the rose at Jungkook.  "What the f*ck is wrong with you? Are you out of mind!? You can call me whatever you want, but don't dare to say a word to my brother!"

Jungkook stared at Hasyeon for a minute then nodded, "Okay fine, I won't let anyone to pity me anymore, not even you. In your eyes I maybe your good for nothing, weak minion. Not anymore. One day I will be the one who pity YOU and you will beg me for help. Wait and see."

He then turned around to walk away. A tear escaped his eyes. It was painful, than anyone could ever imagine.

Hasyeon burst into tears, with anger and pain. She never thought things will turn out this way. How could this happen? To them?

***

"I don't know what happened to her?" Jin said as he sat on the couch beside Yaseol. 

"Did you able to talk to her" she asked taking his and in her's. 

Jin sighed. "No, her eyes are swollen from crying. She told me that she need to be alone for little more", he leaned back to the couch closing his eyes. "What bothers me the most is if I was the cause of whatever Hasyeon went through".

"What do you mean?" Yaseol asked looking at him. 

"Why what did you do?" Tae looked up from his phone, "I mean I thought this is a normal best friend fight, is there something we don't know?"

"Well,I- I mean. Okay..." JIn sighed and sat up straight. "This is the thing, today we talked about jungkook in the evening right?".

Yaseol nodded. "Yeah?"

"So then I thought I should do something for him. So I send Mr.Jeon to his house with some books and some cash. Along with a note to cheer him up."

"Tsk, but that's not something to for him to get mad or make Hasyeon upset right?". Tae said as he hugged a couch pillow and resting his head on it.

"Well everyone has a pride, it might be a reason if it's someone else but as for Jungkook... he is such a good kid. I don't think that's the case" Yaseol said giving a pat on Jin's thigh. "But wait who is this Mr.Jeon?"

"He is the new driver we hired. He seems like a good person and can be trusted"

"I see..."

"Ahr still I feel like I did something wrong... I should tell Hasyeon about this"

"It's not your fault oppa, You did nothing wrong." A familiar voice. It's Hasyeon. All three of them turned to her and she was standing on the top of the staircase. "I heard everything you said, and if he got mad just because of that, he is the jerk here. He just can't figure out what pity and generosity is. I was an idiot to do everything as I could do for him like that. I never knew he was such a narrow minded person." She said walking down the stairs, towards them. "I'm fine, you don't have to worry about me. I just needed to let my anger out"

Jin got up from the couch and pulled Hasyeon to his embrace and she melted in his warmth. "Maybe he had his reasons, let's wait and see. mm?"

Hasyeon shooked her head, hiding her face in Jin's chest. "He will be going to the USA next week. You, me or any of us don't have to worry about him anymore." Then she looked up at jin, "And please don't do anything, I know you mean well for him but don't. Let's just forget there was someone called jungkook was in our life. Please."